Aircraft Instrument Panel Projects

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 10 months

Panel

It is a replica, but all the instruments/switches/lights are genuine.
The grand plan is to put it all in my cockpit that I have been making, about 70% complete now, I have about 95% of the parts to go in it
________
Washington dispensaries

Member for

20 years 6 months

My first picture post, hope will work :confused:
This is my T-6 G / 51-15066 an Algerian war vet.
Olivier

Thats lovely well done you - any chance you can PM me some hi res pix?

TT

Member for

20 years 6 months

BTW the pedals didnt sell on ebay - only wants £20 for em any takers - As i said before being sold for a friend - just needs the bread, no b******* no pack drill!

Profile picture for user Peter

Member for

24 years 8 months

which ones??

Member for

20 years 6 months

My first picture post, hope will work :confused:
This is my T-6 G / 51-15066 an Algerian war vet.
Olivier

Olivier - Thanks so much for sending the hi res picture!

All the best

TT

P.S.
The Rudder Pedals were the Halifax ones...

Cheers

TT

Member for

24 years 8 months

About these rudder pedals....cos I'd love to i.d. them.

Is it possible to quote a few part numbers and inspectors stamps?

I can't tell from the photos whether the toe extensions to the foot rests are hinged, i.e. are they the brake pedals?

Cheers

Member for

20 years 6 months

Hi - would love to help but cant see any AID stamps or Part # on them - youre right about the extensions to the footrests though - they are hinged and do look like brake pedals...??

Two bods emailled me after the auction ended (why didnt they bid for heavens sake!) who are interested - they are going to send me a one email bid, highest bid wins...seemed fairest - final chance for anyone else interested

(sorry to be so mercenary but they are a friends and he could do with the dosh!)

Cheers

TT

Member for

24 years 8 months

Sounds sensible to me. I'm not interested enough to feel the need to bid on them, though!

Meanwhile, for the Halifax lovers out there, there is still time to lob a bid at this....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=585&item=6512912605&rd=1

Trouble is, I'm not convinced that the fittings belong to the panel if it is indeed a 1943 Halifax panel - the oxygen valve and dimmer switch look to be more recent in origin.

Member for

24 years 8 months

Hi TT

I'll take tyhem off your hands - they could be a good trade for whitley bits :)

Cheers!
Elliott

Hi - would love to help but cant see any AID stamps or Part # on them - youre right about the extensions to the footrests though - they are hinged and do look like brake pedals...??

Two bods emailled me after the auction ended (why didnt they bid for heavens sake!) who are interested - they are going to send me a one email bid, highest bid wins...seemed fairest - final chance for anyone else interested

(sorry to be so mercenary but they are a friends and he could do with the dosh!)

Cheers

TT

Member for

24 years 8 months

Sounds sensible to me. I'm not interested enough to feel the need to bid on them, though!

Meanwhile, for the Halifax lovers out there, there is still time to lob a bid at this....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=585&item=6512912605&rd=1

Trouble is, I'm not convinced that the fittings belong to the panel if it is indeed a 1943 Halifax panel - the oxygen valve and dimmer switch look to be more recent in origin.

If you look at a photo of the flight engineers positon of a Hastings, you can see this very distinctive panel in the upper lefthand corner. Conclusion:.....

Cheers

Cees

Member for

24 years 8 months

I disagree with you on this one cees.

Comparing it to the same panel at the flt engineers position in NA337 this one on ebay is nothing like it other than similiar guages. This panel is triangual whereas the one in 337 is square. Also there is a call light that is one the one in 337 that is not mounted on this panel on ebay? Wonder if it is hastings??

Member for

24 years 8 months

Comparing it to the same panel at the flt engineers position in NA337 this one on ebay is nothing like it other than similiar guages. This panel is triangual whereas the one in 337 is square. Also there is a call light that is one the one in 337 that is not mounted on this panel on ebay? Wonder if it is hastings??

????Peter????

Have you read my post? This triangular panel is fitted in the flight engineer of the Hastings. Not in the Halifax. I know I'm Dutch but I thought my grasp of the Queen's english was rather good old chap. :eek:

Cheerio

Cees

Member for

24 years 8 months

Any idea what this one is from?

Just had a quick look on eBay and have to say it's not ringing any Mosquito or Beaufighter bells with me.

Looks like it might be slightly post war-ish to me, say 1946-9???

Member for

24 years 8 months

The plate mentions control handles... maybe it's turret related?

Just had a quick look on eBay and have to say it's not ringing any Mosquito or Beaufighter bells with me.

Looks like it might be slightly war-ish to me, say 1946-9???

Member for

24 years 8 months

Halifax project update

The Halifax instrument panel has suddenly grown a V-frame starting the windscreen.

Cees

Attachments

Member for

24 years 8 months

Well spotted. I don't recognise it as Frazer Nash, but maybe Boulton Paul as they were electrically powered turrets? I've had a quick skim through my BP references and nothing's shown up.

Member for

19 years 11 months

Anybody got any idea what this lot is ? And (silly question) what is a turn and slip ?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/benyboy/instruments002.jpg

Member for

24 years 8 months

Sorry Cees.
busy cleaning my glasses..
Hastings it is then

Member for

20 years 6 months

Hi all - the pedals have gone thanks for your help and interest...

TT