Aircraft Instrument Panel Projects

Read the forum code of contact

Profile picture for user Peter

Member for

24 years 8 months

And now for something completely different....

Hello Guys.
Well my first week was tied up redoing a Pilots panel for an Airspeed Oxford. Strangely enough we are missing the right hand side pilots panel that holds the engine guages revs etc. Does anyone have a spare one available or a drawing of this panel?

Member for

24 years 8 months

A rare instrument panel

We always thought that this dusty old panel was from a cessna crane and once turned right side up it did not look like a crane panel. Thanks to internet and flypast forum we found out it was from a AT10. pics attached.

Attachments

Member for

24 years 8 months

Halifax rudder pedals

Hi all,

Today I picked up the set of Halifax rudder pedals which a friend made for me from drawings I supplied. I can tell you that I was stunned to see the
end result.

Do you agree?

Cheers

Cees

Attachments

Member for

21 years 1 month

So that's what Halibag rudder pedals look like is it? Never seen any before.

Member for

19 years 11 months

Hi all,

Today I picked up the set of Halifax rudder pedals which a friend made for me from drawings I supplied. I can tell you that I was stunned to see the
end result.

Do you agree?

Cheers

Cees

Very nice indeed, in fact he appears to be your man to build your throttle box too?

And to think about sixty miles away from me and about sixty years ago, preparations where underway to dismantle and scrap on site hundreds of these fine aeroplanes. :(

Member for

19 years 3 months

Theres a few shekles to be made selling plywood replica's to anoraks :) I've made a couple of P51 panels, but they ended up in aircraft instead of on my mantle :(

Member for

24 years 8 months

Very nice indeed, in fact he appears to be your man to build your throttle box too?

And to think about sixty miles away from me and about sixty years ago, preparations where underway to dismantle and scrap on site hundreds of these fine aeroplanes. :(

Andy,

Where is a timemachine when you need one.

Cheers

Cees

Member for

20 years 7 months

Harrier

Just a quick pic' of my Harrier center console quickly assembled for a photo, still more work to do though...

Member for

24 years 8 months

Dave will this be a stand alone panel or will it go into a cockpit section eventually?

Member for

20 years 6 months

Peter - there were some oxford rudder pedals for sale at Brunters on Sunday PM me if you want to contact the seller.

Cheers

TT

Member for

24 years 8 months

Hello Texan Tomcat.
I will email our curator and find out if our cockpit still has them fitted or not. can you find out the asking price?

Member for

20 years 6 months

Think about £30-£45 - the sellers name is Ken Ward - he has dealings in Canada all the time - he's not on email but Ray Whitely is - he should be able to contact him for you.

Cheers

Ben

Member for

19 years 7 months

Sorry chaps, but I'm new to this cockpit business. Having just bought an original Canadian Hurricane control top (i.e. spade grip), I was thinking about getting it professionally restored for display. I actually have an eye on getting a Canadian Hurricane panel created at some point, but that is a distant aspiration for now. Can anyone suggest with whom and where I can get it done properly (and possibly get an orginial brake lever aswell?

Cheers

Jon

Member for

19 years 3 months

I actually have an eye on getting a Canadian Hurricane panel created at some point, but that is a distant aspiration for now. Can anyone suggest with whom and where I can get it done properly

Piece of sheet aluminum from the local metal supply place & a collection of hole saw's & drill bits. It's surprisingly easy once ya have a drawing/photo/wooden template to work from.

Member for

20 years 6 months

The quick and easy way is to get a replica panel from a company in the UK -they used to do them for about £600 :eek then get a gunsight to complete the deal - depends on your budget matey

TT

Member for

19 years 7 months

Cheers fellas, but what about the spade grip? Any ideas who I can approach to get it professionally restored?

Member for

19 years 2 months

Hi Peter,

Have you seen the Pilot's Notes? There are photos in there - I will scan them, or if you like I can get a copy and send it to you...

Member for

19 years 8 months

Sorry chaps, but I'm new to this cockpit business. Having just bought an original Canadian Hurricane control top (i.e. spade grip), I was thinking about getting it professionally restored for display. I actually have an eye on getting a Canadian Hurricane panel created at some point, but that is a distant aspiration for now. Can anyone suggest with whom and where I can get it done properly (and possibly get an orginial brake lever aswell?

Cheers

Jon

As ZR says....easy to make, the Blind flying panels are available lasercut in the UK for about £50, you can get decent replica brake levers for £15...restore the grip yourself its easy and fun!! I am doing some dimensions for someone fot the port & stbd panels.

Member for

19 years 7 months

Cheers for the advice fellas.

Member for

20 years 6 months

The quick and easy way is to get a replica panel from a company in the UK -they used to do them for about £600 :eek then get a gunsight to complete the deal - depends on your budget matey

TT

Rocketeer is quite right of course - perhaps i should've explained, the £600 panels come laser cut and painted with all instruments in situ - but have heard some bad reports about the dealer involved... :mad: