The real cockpit of the Su-34 Fullback?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 9 months

thanks PiBu,please post the rear part of the cockpit

Member for

21 years

Kudos to you, Piotr, fantastic pictures..

Member for

21 years

] you welcome

Fascinating.
My first impression: "Think Russian." 8D

Member for

19 years 6 months

Great shots, thanks for posting them.

I do have a question: It seems like in all the cockpit photos I see of Russian jets, they almost always have that aqua blue-green color for the metal used on the consoles, inner walls, etc. Is there a reason for that?

Member for

19 years 1 month

That colour isn`t hard on your eyes. It doesn`t tire your eyes.

Member for

24 years 8 months

Great shots, thanks for posting them.

I do have a question: It seems like in all the cockpit photos I see of Russian jets, they almost always have that aqua blue-green color for the metal used on the consoles, inner walls, etc. Is there a reason for that?

It was never on all aircraft - Sukhoi didn't use it much.

It was apparently scientifically designed as the best colours to avoid strain on the pilot's eyes.

It was introduced onto later model MiG-21's, the MiG-23 had it, as did the 25 & 31.

Most Tupolev airliners had it - as did the Tu-95 & Tu-22M2

The MiG-29, Su-25, Su-27 family and Tu-160 all have a pale blue-grey colour.

Most of the earlier Sukhois - Su-7/9/11 appear to have had black/grey cockpit colours.

IIRC, the Su-15 had the green turquoise colour you describe ?

Ken

Member for

21 years

It was never on all aircraft - Sukhoi didn't use it much.
In fact, Sukhoi did not use the striking colors at all. Same goes for Yakovlev.

It was introduced onto later model MiG-21's, the MiG-23 had it, as did the 25 & 31.

Most Tupolev airliners had it - as did the Tu-95 & Tu-22M2.

Another aircraft would be MiG-27s and Hungarian AF L-39 Albatrosses (don't ask me why).

The MiG-29, Su-25, Su-27 family and Tu-160 all have a pale blue-grey colour.
Same for Yak-130, Yak-41 and many other aircraft.

IIRC, the Su-15 had the green turquoise colour you describe ?Ken
Nope. Su-15s had black IP and grey cockpit sidewalls.

Member for

18 years 9 months

I'm believe that toilet its a big untruth,any one can proven the truth-only by pic-

Member for

21 years

I'm believe that toilet its a big untruth,any one can proven the truth-only by pic-
Why? Portable commercial chemical toilets weigh some 5-6 kg and can be used even in caravans. All you need to install one in Su-34 is a place 40x60cm. No problem at all.

Member for

18 years 4 months

Want to see it in video watch it
this is the Su-34 cockpit

Member for

21 years

] this is the Su-34 cockpit

Peachy MFDs, and smokey cannon, but "when" in the video are the holy kitchen sink and holy toilet? 8D

Member for

24 years 8 months

.....and why does a Su-37 appear in the middle of the video - doing a Cobra ??? :confused:

Ken

Member for

21 years

http://www.kommersant.com/p-11130/Su-34_fighter-bomber_/

"Russia’s Air Forces to Have Su-34 Fighter-Bomber Tue"

July 30, 2007

The Air Forces of Russia will get first Su-34 fighter-bomber on Tuesday, RIA Novosti reported with reference to Colonel Alexander Drobyshevsky, aide to the Air Forces commander-in-chief.

[Seriously, anyone has a photo of the Su-34 kitchen and toilet yet?]

do have a question: It seems like in all the cockpit photos I see of Russian jets, they almost always have that aqua blue-green color for the metal used on the consoles, inner walls, etc. Is there a reason for that?

The purpose of the green colour is to lighten up the cockpit. Having a black cockpit makes that cockpit look darker and can make the instruments harder to read.... in the same way that using white text on a black page is harder to read because it appears darker... especially under different light conditions.

Member for

24 years 8 months

The purpose of the green colour is to lighten up the cockpit. Having a black cockpit makes that cockpit look darker and can make the instruments harder to read.... in the same way that using white text on a black page is harder to read because it appears darker... especially under different light conditions.

The turquoise cockpit colour was only used during the 1970/80's - and not on all Soviet aircraft.

It was as a result of scientific experiments to find the most 'relaxing' colour for pilots - and was used mainly on aircraft emanating from the MiG OKB - MiG-21, 23, 25 etc.

It was also used on a few Tupolev airliners (Tu-134, 154 etc) and the Il-76.

Other aircraft still had 'black' cockpits - examples being the Tu-16, An-26 etc - so it wasn't universal.

Modern Russian fighters now have a pale blue-grey colour for their cockpits - examples are the MiG-29, Su-25, Su-27 etc.

The Tu-160 'Blackjack' is also pale blue-grey.

The latest MiG though, the MiG-31, still has a turquoise cockpit!

Ken

Member for

20 years 4 months

[...]
[Seriously, anyone has a photo of the Su-34 kitchen and toilet yet?]

Not so far, maybe a lucky Pibu or Flanker_man might get the chance at MAKS 2007 (August 21 – 26, 2007). :)

Member for

24 years 8 months

The latest MiG though, the MiG-31, still has a turquoise cockpit!

Ken

Ken, the MiG-31 is the latest numerically but it entered service several years before the MiG-29, so its not really the "latest MiG".

Member for

18 years 9 months

I did post a picture of the Tu204 airline cockpit a while back and it was also in that funny turquoise colour so it does get around a bit.