Super Hornet "kills" Raptor

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 6 months

Seems like a flight sim to me. Some game perhaps. Nice HUD detail for a game.

Member for

24 years 6 months

Remember that the SuperHornets are based at NAS Oceana which is right across the bay from Langley AFB where the Raptors are based. It’s a leisurely 30 minute drive across the bridge to get from one base to the other. You can bet that the USN and USAF arrange DACM together. They share a common maneuver range.

Member for

19 years 8 months

Even if they were doing DACM, how do we know the F-22 jock wasn't on his way home and the Navy pilot snapped a shot?
Believe me, the Navy guys would like nothing better for their squadron break room than a trophy like that.

Having said that, having the best/fastest/newest plane isn't a guarentee that you won't get shot down. Witness losses on both sides in the BoB, Mustangs shooting down Me-262s. Heck, even a Skyraider shot down a MiG in Vietnam.

Likewise, I can get a shot of my car in front of a Ferrari ...but it won't tell you much or the circumstances on how it got there. :D

Member for

24 years 6 months

What is the blacked out square bit Hiding? G being pulled?? what?

Member for

20 years

the fact that the pic ws first posted on simhq..

Member for

19 years 11 months

notice the clould overhead the F-18 has good chance of survived if it just stay hide in the clould radar or miccrowave degrade badly when there alot of moisture in the air liked clould but thermal image sensor will see you just fine.

Member for

20 years

The more people I show it too the more they say it is a Hoax..The fact that it originated at simhq is a start..

Member for

18 years 6 months

Those shots are real. They don't come from a flight sim.

For starters, simhq is indeed a website for flightsimmers but amongst the crowd there are some real fighter pilots (active or retired) and military personels who share their experience with other simmers.

Those shots are real and don't come from any flight sim available on the market. Otherwise the quality of the picture would be much more "clean" (with distinctive polygons) and the lighting in the picture would not be so elaborate : even the latest flight sims have limitations in the way they represent daylight. And the clouds look fake because of the low quality of the cam ,the fact they are in the distance and the superbug is in movement.
Even the HUD looks to real to come from a flight sim.

So a F-22 got his pic taken in the gun cam of an F-18, it is not the end of the world.

Member for

18 years 2 months

They do indeed Look real but the timing makes me wonder - these pics started circulating on April 1st apparently...

Member for

18 years 10 months

Another question: I watched the pictures, but I admit I'd be in trouble to say what is actually the plane shown on... are you sure it's a Raptor at all?
________
Ae86

Member for

18 years 2 months

i think this mystery is deepening by the hour and without further info were all just speculating on a possible hoax lol, Surly theres some open source info that must say if raptors have been up against bugs yet. Something like interviews from pilots about the brawl.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Another question: I watched the pictures, but I admit I'd be in trouble to say what is actually the plane shown on... are you sure it's a Raptor at all?

I have to agree with Merlock. When I took a close look at the pics, I saw what I believed was an F-15 rather than a Raptor. But I could be wrong!

Member for

20 years

I never thought of that..Any 1 good with PS please highlight , focus and brighten up the aircraft!!

Member for

24 years 6 months

I can´t say even after looking at it with PS. My feeling says F-15E but I could be very wrong.

Member for

18 years 8 months

I think at least the 1st shows propably an F-22! now for the 2nd I have my doubts too, it looks more like an Eagle. Maybe some ps work did the diference in combat! ;)

Member for

24 years 6 months

What is the blacked out square bit Hiding? G being pulled?? what?

That's the witness box. It shows that the pilot had simulated use of a weapon. In this case pulling the trigger for a gun attack.

Member for

20 years

think at least the 1st shows propably an F-22! now for the 2nd I have my doubts too, it looks more like an Eagle

the second pic is just a continuation of the 1st one as it shows the same approach ta 900 ft.

Member for

24 years 6 months

Best I can get it. Is this a raptor ? I say photshoped F-15E.

Member for

21 years

I'd say Raptor. The F-15's wing is not as triangular and is somewhat softer in profile. Also the air intakes have the sloped raptor profile.