On the subject of Cuban MiGs

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years

Hi,
Anyone got any pics info on Cuban Mig-29s. I have an Airfix one to build and need some reference. Thanks :D

Original post

Member for

21 years

how many Mig-29s does Cuba have?

Member for

24 years 8 months

And there's fun to be had with Cuban Floggers as well!

Remember that O-2 or Cessna 337 from the reactionary Brothers to the Rescue which was shot down by Cuban MiGs when on a subversive mission to chew on the rightful chairmanship of Fidel?

One of the defenders of Cuban airspace against those retrobatistas was a MiG-29. The Brothers to the Rescue think it look like this: .
http://www.hermanos.org/pix/har092.jpg
:D

Member for

20 years 6 months

I agree with you arthur.
that incident was wildly used to portray a picture of "comunists cuban assasins" :rolleyes: while its known to everybody that violations of airspace can and do have severe consecuences, wherever you are in the world.
about Cuban Migs, i knew they are Fulcrum-A's and because of the economy (or the blockade? :mad: ) it seems that money for maintenance is badly needed.
Camaro.

Member for

21 years

I would retire all the Mig-23s and Mig-21s and save up some money to upgrade the Mig-29s to SMT, which would make it much easier for the Cuban AF to run because the SMT is much cheaper to run than earlier Mig-29As. Just by phasing out the Mig-21s and Mig-23s will save money.

Member for

20 years 5 months

I think they have 12 jets but i will confirm

Member for

21 years

I checked up sites and some claim they have 20, 18 single seaters and 2 twin seaters.

Member for

24 years 8 months

And there's fun to be had with Cuban Floggers as well!

Remember that O-2 or Cessna 337 from the reactionary Brothers to the Rescue which was shot down by Cuban MiGs when on a subversive mission to chew on the rightful chairmanship of Fidel?

One of the defenders of Cuban airspace against those retrobatistas was a MiG-29. The Brothers to the Rescue think it look like this: .
http://www.hermanos.org/pix/har092.jpg
:D

I hate commies, but I would have shot down those little ba$tards too. Challenging an air defense network like that deserves a Darwin Award. Better you are dead than pollute the human race with that kind of stupidity.

Member for

20 years 4 months

The early artwork of the Mig-29 I have seen in one of my books. I think it was based on early US satelite pics of the prototype dubbed 'RAM-L' taken at Zhukovski Air Base, then known to the US as 'Ramenskoye'.

Member for

20 years

Only 12 a/c have been delivered so far, but currently airworthiness of most of these is questionable.

Member for

21 years

I hate commies, but I would have shot down those little ba$tards too. Challenging an air defense network like that deserves a Darwin Award. Better you are dead than pollute the human race with that kind of stupidity.

I don't try to tell that I like them, but how can you hate someone you have never met before?

Member for

20 years 6 months

I don't try to tell that I like them, but how can you hate someone you have never met before?

gentlemen...
flex has a good point. :)
i'm not a commie either, but i know some of their ideas and i agree with a few of those (health and education)
and we know the way "propaganda" is used everywhere. :rolleyes:
Camaro.

Member for

21 years

gentlemen...
flex has a good point. :)
i'm not a commie either, but i know some of their ideas and i agree with a few of those (health and education)
and we know the way "propaganda" is used everywhere. :rolleyes:
Camaro.

Surprisingly, the real Communism is the closest ideology to the Christianism. They share almost all important aspects, just like equality of all people etc. If a real communism existed, they would be no hungrying folks and also no multi-millionaires, because there would be no need to buy a Ferrari if you could lend a one for free from a public garage, anytime you'd want... But only in theory, of course.. People are born self-oriented individuals, such an ideology would never work. That is why it needs to be pushed by violence and propaganda, as we have seen in USSR, Cuba, Angola otr any other commie state..

Member for

20 years

Mig ?

The key word here was Mig-29 ! :D

Member for

20 years

Hello
This is my first post in this forum, but since I'm Cuban I can tell that the idea was to get about 40 Mig-29. Cuba only received 4 Mig-29A serial FAR 910-913, and 2 MiG-29UB serials FAR 900, 901.
Today only two MiG-29A serial FAR 910, 911 remain active, with only one MiG-29UB serial 900, by the way that MiG-29 has two star painted on the side, since they consider those two Brothers to Rescue planes as victories.
I wonder how the result would have been if they had come up against real fighter planes like the F-15 or F-16 based at Homestead, Florida.
The other Mig-29UB serial FAR 901 now is at the DAAFAR Museum in Havana province.
I my self would like to see more pictures of Cuban planes, and I have been told of a Russian publication called Air Fleet, that has pictures of Cuban Mig-29. If any body knows how I can get a hold of them, please let me know.
Thanks Luis

Member for

20 years 2 months

Surprisingly, the real Communism is the closest ideology to the Christianism. They share almost all important aspects, just like equality of all people etc. If a real communism existed, they would be no hungrying folks and also no multi-millionaires, because there would be no need to buy a Ferrari if you could lend a one for free from a public garage, anytime you'd want... But only in theory, of course.. People are born self-oriented individuals, such an ideology would never work. That is why it needs to be pushed by violence and propaganda, as we have seen in USSR, Cuba, Angola otr any other commie state..

Sorry Camaro and Flex but I strongly disagree with you . Christianism does not says " lets get all the goods from all of thoses people redistributed it " no matter if you worked hard to get it . Also Walras ( well if you ever studied Microeconomics you surely have heard this name ) demonstrated that equality is not achieved when a government redistributes everybody''s income . And about equality and development all economics lines have this goal , the difference is the way they say would be necessary .

People are born self-oriented individuals, such an ideology would never work. That is why it needs to be pushed by violence and propaganda, as we have seen in USSR, Cuba, Angola otr any other commie state..

If human wasnt like this ( or as Keynes said : "had animal spirit ") probably we would still be in the caves . The desire to get more is what pushs the economic's whell

Member for

20 years 8 months

...Cuba only received 4 Mig-29A serial FAR 910-913, and 2 MiG-29UB serials FAR 900, 901..... by the way that MiG-29 has two star painted on the side.....

Hi luisdo..!!!

I have a question... where that Mig-29UB (900) wears those stars..? beneath the cockpit?

Currently do you live in Cuba?

Saludos...
Alberto.-

Member for

20 years

the_baphomet_00
Yes the two stars are beneath the cockpit, and I do not live in Cuba.
Thanks Luis

Member for

20 years 8 months

Do you have Any pic luisdo?

I suppose the stars are carried like the western fashion... portboard...

thanx...
Saludos... :)