Vulcan News

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 3 months

I will be responding in full to all of you in due course...........there is much much more going on here.........you only see the shiny surface...as for buying a lottery ticket, well i consider that having spent a very large amount my own money to restore an aircraft to flying status i do have a right to comment on what is going on in that hanger (or not)

I for one would like to know what Phil knows....it seems a long time coming, perhaps it's all hot air????........

when's your bird conna fly Phil? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Member for

19 years 7 months

I for one would like to know what Phil knows....it seems a long time coming, perhaps it's all hot air????........

when's your bird conna fly Phil? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm betting before the Vulcan.........

Member for

20 years 3 months

Maybe there's a hidden agenda on the part of HMG here...

It looks like the Nimrod is being equipped for bombing. Maybe Bliar has decided that the good old tin triangle would be more effective and is going to buy back 558, 655 etc and stick some 21st century avionics and weapons systems on them :)

Might not be such a stupid idea actually - the B52 is still going after all! So how many of the surviving airframes would be recoverable then?

Who's going to run for government so that we can put this cunning plan into action :D

JC
If you don't hear from me again, I've probably been arrested under the Official Secrets Act!

Member for

21 years 5 months

Maybe there's a hidden agenda on the part of HMG here...

It looks like the Nimrod is being equipped for bombing. Maybe Bliar has decided that the good old tin triangle would be more effective and is going to buy back 558, 655 etc and stick some 21st century avionics and weapons systems on them :)

Might not be such a stupid idea actually - the B52 is still going after all! So how many of the surviving airframes would be recoverable then?

Who's going to run for government so that we can put this cunning plan into action :D

JC
If you don't hear from me again, I've probably been arrested under the Official Secrets Act!

That's quite an amusing thread on PPrune isn't it..... ;)

Member for

20 years 3 months

Might be :) Surprised that it hadn't been picked up here yet..

Shhh...

JC

Member for

19 years 3 months

I'm betting before the Vulcan.........

I should hope so.... it's almost completed , isn't it??? and very pretty it looks too!!! :rolleyes:

Member for

19 years 7 months

I should hope so.... it's almost completed , isn't it??? and very pretty it looks too!!! :rolleyes:

Yes, and all done with private time and money, glad that you are one of the few who appreciate what a good job those guys have done with limited resources. :rolleyes:

Member for

21 years 2 months

glad that you are one of the few who appreciate what a good job those guys have done with limited resources. :rolleyes:

AFH10 A bit sweeping I think. I think the many thousands out there do appreciate all the hard work. Don't make the same mistake politicians make when we dare to criticise some suggestion or piece of legislation they are responsible for. You may find that criticism then comes your way from those that may think you are right.

Member for

19 years 7 months

AFH10 A bit sweeping I think. I think the many thousands out there do appreciate all the hard work. Don't make the same mistake politicians make when we dare to criticise some suggestion or piece of legislation they are responsible for. You may find that criticism then comes your way from those that may think you are right.

I'm sure many do, I don't personally mind critisicm, I can always ignore it after all.

Member for

19 years 7 months

Hangerman

wish it was complete, i know she looks complete but still a long way to go yet. Thanks for saying how good she looks.

Would just like to say we are not stopping anything going on in the hanger. they have full authority to move our beech at any time, (and they have).

We are there temporarily only and work every weekend under the strict guidlines laid down by the VOC and we adhere to them to the letter. We are trying to get as much done as possible before we have to leave our almost finished aircraft outside and exposed to the elements.

Member for

19 years 7 months

What a shame that such a beautiful aircraft like a Beech 18 will have to suffer the elements.

Member for

19 years 3 months

So whats going to fly first: XH558 or TFC's Beaufighter??

ok ok! keep yer knickers on, I was JOKING! :dev2:

Member for

21 years 5 months

The CAA audit is in early July, with a view that the VOC engineers (undergo training at this time) will join MA to start work w/c 25th July.
No further access to the hanger for us until the public viewing gallery is built towards the end of the year.