Ex-Warbirds OF Great Britain aircraft

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 6 months

Just checking:

Are the several warbirds including Spitfire NH238 and SM696 and the P-47 still in containerized storage at North Weald where I once spotted them some years ago?

Cees

Original post

Member for

24 years 6 months

Just checking:

Are the several warbirds including Spitfire NH238 and SM696 and the P-47 still in containerized storage at North Weald where I once spotted them some years ago?

Cees

Cees,

That would NH238 and SM969 ;)

I understand that they are still in their containers but are now resident at Greenham Common.

Member for

20 years 4 months

P47

Here is a shot of the P47, when it first emerged from restoration in 1982, was it really 22 years ago !. In 1982 it was at the top of the restorations at that time, matt paint, authentic scheme, all things which we expect today.

MRP

Attachments

Member for

20 years 11 months

Just what IS going on with the ex-WOGB stuff these days? Sure, we all know they've moved to Greenham Common, but anything else?

Member for

19 years 11 months

So where is that T-Bolt today...love it..

Member for

19 years 8 months

In a box at Greenham Common!

Member for

19 years 11 months

For sale perhaps???? I want one...

Member for

24 years 6 months

Probably for sale at "the right price" ;) - but then, aren't most things?

Member for

24 years 6 months

As I understand it from previous conversations it could be made available, however at a price. You'd need to bear in mind that it's been in a container for at least 8 years and unflown for longer than that so a systems overhaul surely must be on the cards now and probably an engine overhaul as well. It would be nice if it could come out one day, I've only ever seen it in a box.....

Member for

20 years 11 months

Come on the numbers....!! ;)

Member for

19 years 11 months

here we call it skiing... spend the kids inheritance...

i'm in the mood for a Jug..

Member for

24 years 6 months

Best of luck Oscar Duck, hope you get it, it will be fantastic to see it out and about.

Member for

24 years 6 months

Yep, I totally agree - good luck Oscar Duck! Would be lovely to see another Jug up and running!

Member for

24 years 6 months

Give it a try.

Cheers

Cees

Member for

20 years 3 months

...but can we have it here for Legends?... :D :eek: :p :diablo:

Member for

20 years 11 months

Not to mention, it isn't just another Jug, it's a Razorback. I think you need this plane, OD. Good luck! :)

Member for

20 years 7 months

For all that he was a really contrary bloke at times I thought Doug Arnold contributed an enormous amount to the warbird preservation movement for a long time prior to his death. I first met him at Blackbushe when he owned the joint and admired his pristine Spitfire XVIII JM-R and his Harvard. A memorable character indeed. I sat next to him at a couple of aircraft auctions when he was the high bidder on Spitfires and saw how he just could not resist trying to have yet another in his collection.
RIP Doug.
Cheers,
Trapper 69

Member for

20 years 11 months

That would be SL721, a MkXVI ;)

Member for

20 years 7 months

DazDaMan,
I stand corrected but no matter what the Mark it was a real cream puff that anyone would lust after. Many thanks.
Cheers,
Trapper 69

Member for

24 years 6 months

That would be SL721, a MkXVI ;)

OK Smartypants , where is it now , who owns it and when will its prop be fixed ??? :D

Member for

20 years 11 months

Not telling! :p