Ex-Warbirds OF Great Britain aircraft

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 6 months

Not telling! :p

Bah , spoilsport ;)

Member for

19 years 11 months

The razorback Jug is my favourite [after the P-38]. Well here goes the Spit if I can pull this off....

Member for

20 years 11 months

Noooooo, you don't wanna do that!! :eek:

Member for

20 years

deal is though got to get her ready for a legends before she goes south

Member for

20 years 3 months

Lovely jubbly. I do like jugs. :D

Member for

24 years 6 months

For two.

OscarD,

....and it is a two seater.

Then owner, restorer and pilot Ray Stutsman at Elkhart, Indiana, 2nd August 1985.

Mark

Attachments

Member for

24 years 6 months

As I understand it from previous conversations it could be made available, however at a price. You'd need to bear in mind that it's been in a container for at least 8 years and unflown for longer than that so a systems overhaul surely must be on the cards now and probably an engine overhaul as well. It would be nice if it could come out one day, I've only ever seen it in a box.....

There was also rumour floating about that the reason Lone Star got rid of it and purchased their current P-47D is because of some corrosion problems with "Little Demon". Still, it certainly deserves better than it has gotten in the last 8 years.

Member for

20 years 11 months

OscarD,

....and it is a two seater.

Then owner, restorer and pilot Ray Stutsman at Elkhart, Indiana, 2nd August 1985.

Mark

Who wants to be oscar duck's new best friend?! ;)

Member for

20 years 3 months

Form an orderly queue....

Member for

24 years 6 months

Its a P47G and as such was built by Curtiss (IIRC there were some 'build issues' with these and most remained stateside for training). Prehaps another reason Lone Star went with a P47D

The question is. Does anyone who has sat in her/involved in her restoration have a dataplate/Construction Number for it? as it would fill a gap in our Curtiss knowledge??

Member for

19 years 11 months

i must have it..who will trade my avenger,spit,0-1/0-2,wife,car,cat,,,,,,,,,

Member for

19 years 8 months

For the sort of money they will want for it you may well have to. Good luck anyway!

Member for

24 years 6 months

Oscar,

Check your pm's

Bruce

Member for

24 years 6 months

Full Mil. Spec

The question is. Does anyone who has sat in her/involved in her restoration have a dataplate/Construction Number for it? as it would fill a gap in our Curtiss knowledge??

Paul,

I've sat in it and flown in it.

When owner Ray Stutsman restored this aircraft this was pioneering stuff. This was pure mil. spec. - matt paint, fluffy edged stencils with every available piece of ordnance and equipment fitted. Not 'super shiny' mil. spec. - just, how my imagination thinks it was back in 1944.

Ray was so thorough I can't imagine he doesn't have the clues to your queries. He was based at Elkhart, Indiana in 1985 and had done an Avenger and a P-51 but lost interest in his Spitfire TD135.

Mark

Member for

19 years 11 months

Agree, awesome to see in the flesh...yes Ray a man ahead of his time...

Member for

20 years

Avenger? yes please!

Member for

24 years 6 months

Ray was so thorough I can't imagine he doesn't have the clues to your queries. He was based at Elkhart, Indiana in 1985 and had done an Avenger and a P-51 but lost interest in his Spitfire TD135.

Mark

Thanks "Mark".. does anyone have contact details for Ray now?? perferably e-mail (if not snail mail).. I would like to ask him if he has this info thanks

Paul