TFC Engineer Vacancy

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 6 months

Surely the dream job for many aircraft engineers?

http://friends-of-tfc.blogspot.com/2012/02/recruiting-tfc-needs-you.html

Spitfire and Hurricane experience preferably it seems!!

Original post

Member for

17 years 8 months

Not really, most warbirds companies seem to think one should be paid a pittance for the so called honour of working on the damn things.

Member for

15 years 2 months

Certainly would love that job but at 19 haven't had a chance to get the experience :(

Will

Member for

17 years 8 months

Drop them a line, keenness counts for a lot, a lot of engineers won't touch jobs like this because the wages tend to be dire.

Member for

13 years 8 months

Given that most mechanics wouldn't get out of bed for less than £25k, and techies for £35k-$40k... It'll be interesting to find out what TFC could actually offer. Damn sure I couldn't afford to move to Cambridge.... shame really.

Member for

19 years 3 months

Given that most mechanics wouldn't get out of bed for less than £25k, and techies for £35k-$40k... It'll be interesting to find out what TFC could actually offer. Damn sure I couldn't afford to move to Cambridge.... shame really.

Im affraid you will find that the vintage/Warbird world will be offering less than that! As Tony has said they seem to think they are doing YOU a favour letting you work on them not the other way round. Unfortunately we tend to do it because we love it, not for the rewards in money!!

Member for

13 years 8 months

I know. Thats why I mentioned it. Wages in both Warbirds and GA are terrible..

I should also say thank you for pointing this out on behalf of the mechanics who ARE in a position to apply.... :D

Member for

14 years 6 months

Never seen TFC advertise on their blog regards a job vacancy before oh well first time for everything!

No idea about how much the guys get wage wise but i know there are some classy cars in the car park outside the hanger!

Member for

15 years 10 months

Never seen TFC advertise on their blog regards a job vacancy before oh well first time for everything!

No idea about how much the guys get wage wise but i know there are some classy cars in the car park outside the hanger!

I bet some people even fly the things for free!

Member for

13 years 6 months

I was offered a job at DUX some time ago (I think it was TFC but can't remember - it was that long ago) and was told which project(s) I would be working.

I was really up for it and for quite some time after the offer I was really torn between heart and wallet...unfortunately, the wallet won by some 50+% from realistic but 'commercial' offers.

Much as I love to see hear and visit these places I class them as nice but not real - for employment. Suitable for big skills and big hearts with no debts.

Now I wonder why they'd be wanting someone with hurricane experience :rolleyes:

Member for

14 years 11 months

Blag the cv to see what there offering.:D

Member for

15 years

mmmmmmmmmm

Member for

15 years

I was offered a job at DUX some time ago (I think it was TFC but can't remember - it was that long ago) and was told which project(s) I would be working.

I was really up for it and for quite some time after the offer I was really torn between heart and wallet...unfortunately, the wallet won by some 50+% from realistic but 'commercial' offers.

Much as I love to see hear and visit these places I class them as nice but not real - for employment. Suitable for big skills and big hearts with no debts.

My work was in avionics and telecoms, but I'd never work for love, at least not before I had the money! It seems to me that the millionaires who own these aeroplanes are exploiting the engineers who work on them.

Regards

Member for

24 years 6 months

No not exploiting -if you wish to work on historic aircraft its your choice ! Nobody is forced to and you have to accept that pay might be in the very low 20K region.

Member for

16 years 10 months

My work was in avionics and telecoms, but I'd never work for love, at least not before I had the money! It seems to me that the millionaires who own these aeroplanes are exploiting the engineers who work on them.

Blimey, that seems a sad way of looking at things, I work in aviation for not an awful lot, but I love my job and would hate the day when I would have to consider something else.
So I can imagine people going for this job on similar grounds.

Also regarding rich pilots, undoubtedly many are, but I've encountered some real surprises in that regard lately.

Member for

18 years 2 months

Its just simple supply and demand ... as long as people are willing to work for what is on offer, then thats all that will be offered ...

Member for

15 years

Blimey, that seems a sad way of looking at things, I work in aviation for not an awful lot, but I love my job and would hate the day when I would have to consider something else.
So I can imagine people going for this job on similar grounds.

Also regarding rich pilots, undoubtedly many are, but I've encountered some real surprises in that regard lately.

It's a realistic way, especially when you have a family to support.

Regards

Member for

16 years

I was also in Avionics Repairs Orion , for 20 years , would anyone know on here if the BBMF still use a Marconi AD120 Radio in their Aircraft ? or have they upgraded ?

Member for

19 years 3 months

Regards

There are far more people out there who kep historic aeroplanes flying who are far from millionaires, infact quite the opposite!! Yes you have the likes of Stephen Grey but they are the exception rather than the rule. Many are scrapping what they can from where they can to keep em flying!

Member for

13 years 8 months

There are far more people out there who kep historic aeroplanes flying who are far from millionaires, infact quite the opposite!! Yes you have the likes of Stephen Grey but they are the exception rather than the rule. Many are scrapping what they can from where they can to keep em flying!

Nail and head there well said.