TFC Engineer Vacancy

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 8 months

WE724..

Nice cars outside BECAUSE the wages are low. Only people who already have lots of spare cash can afford to work there.

Same thing with the wine trade, as my missus found out - classed as a 'fun' job, so paid as little as possible.. and also lets not forget that there isn't a great deal of spare money available for salaries when there are old aeroplanes around to hoover it up..

Member for

16 years 10 months

I’m a maintenance engineer and I would have no problem accepting a lower wage to work with something I love. Of cause the wage needs to be realistic at some level (what people used to call a living wage), but I would certainly accept wages a good bit lower than standard airline pay. That said, I wouldn’t work cheap for someone who could easily afford to pay decent wages – so technically the offer is only extended to a minority of warbird operators.

In other words: in the right situation I would care little about wages, as long as I could cover the basics.

Member for

13 years 4 months

Cars

Regarding the cars in the TFC car park, any decent car you see parked outside will belong to members of the CAA, NOT the TFC engineers, whose cars are as follows:

Clapped out 12 year old Volvo V70.
Audi A4 with nearly 200,000 miles on the clock
A rusty Ford Fiesta
A £400 VW Golf
and 10 year old Mondeo

Member for

14 years 8 months

Re cars in the TFC car park - I apologize, and stand corrected!!

Member for

16 years 10 months

Regarding the cars in the TFC car park, any decent car you see parked outside will belong to members of the CAA, NOT the TFC engineers, whose cars are as follows:

A rusty Ford Fiesta
A £400 VW Golf
and 10 year old Mondeo

How bourgeois :p

Member for

19 years 1 month

A rusty Ford Fiesta
A £400 VW Golf
and 10 year old Mondeo

& back in the day....A Rover/Vought hybrid.. :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/206370_1820591367322_1616311739_1743580_748985_n.jpg

Member for

15 years

I was also in Avionics Repairs Orion , for 20 years , would anyone know on here if the BBMF still use a Marconi AD120 Radio in their Aircraft ? or have they upgraded ?

Not repair, I'm afraid, but design.

Regards

Member for

19 years 11 months

If you don't like the salary package on offer then don't apply. The fact is TFC has a budget.

Don't criticise those who are happy...

Member for

14 years 11 months

I’m a maintenance engineer and I would have no problem accepting a lower wage to work with something I love. Of cause the wage needs to be realistic at some level (what people used to call a living wage), but I would certainly accept wages a good bit lower than standard airline pay. That said, I wouldn’t work cheap for someone who could easily afford to pay decent wages – so technically the offer is only extended to a minority of warbird operators.

In other words: in the right situation I would care little about wages, as long as I could cover the basics.

Thats all well and good if the house is paid for and the kids have left home and you want "beer" money, but in the real world a man wants good wages for the work and hours he's going to do and the dead lines to meet.

Someone said low end of 20k well car mechanics earn that and top end "technicians" earn more.