Harrier GR3 XV752

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 2 months

Harrier GR3 XV752 on aircraft jacks at Bletchley Park awaiting fitment of new tyres.

Attachments
Original post

Member for

15 years 7 months

Easier to photograph than when I was there a few months ago - its nose wheel seemed wedged in the mud and had a barrier around the front of it.

Nice photo! Might pop over there soon to have another look as its only 10mins away from where I live.

Member for

15 years 2 months

Part of a planned rectification of that problem. The aircrfat was recovered by JARTU earlier this week. Work will now progress to have the new aircraft tyres hard filled and replaced and which time the aircraft will go back onto it's under carriage. In the interim the plan is to lay a concrete hardstanding for the jet to ensure that there is no subsidence in the furture. Once that has been laid and allowed to settle the Harrier will be towed back into postion. There is also a plan to repaint the aircraft.

Member for

15 years 7 months

Nice one. It will be nice to see it sitting on a hard stand instead of sitting on the grass! Will make it easier to photograph! :cool:

Do you know what squadron markings it will be repainted in to?

I believe they also have a hunter nose section at bletchley park, when I went a few months ago it was covered up. Will that be put on show again?

Member for

15 years 2 months

The Harrier will be repainted in the existing 3 Sqn colour scheme.

The Hunter cockpit you refer to belongs to Hunter F6 XF522. This is painted in 92 Sqn Blue Diamonds colour scheme as worn by this cockpit when it was a complete aircraft during 1961-63 and part of what was then the official RAF dispalay team. See photo.

Both the Harrier and the Hunter cockpit belong to 2366 (Bletchley Park) Squadron ATC.

Attachments

Member for

15 years 7 months

Thanks very much for the information, im very grateful!
It's nice to see the hunter nose section in your photo because as I said previously when I went to Bletchley Park earlier this year it was covered up.

Member for

15 years 2 months

The Hunter cickpit is usually wrapped up for the Winter to preserve the paint scheme from the elements. However, it's been on open display outside of the 2366 Sqn ATC HQ for most of this summer.

Member for

15 years 7 months

Ahh thanks very much for that. Thinking about it now I did go there around February or March time so that explains why it was covered up!
Considering I only live 5 - 10mins drive away I should really go there more often.

Member for

15 years 2 months

Harrier XV752 at Bletchely Park is now back on a new set of tyres thanks to the help of R.A.F Cottesmore, VacuLug of Grantham and JARTU.

Attachments