Iran building mock-up Aircraft carrier

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 11 months

Iran is building a mock-up US Aircraft carrier with planes on deck.
http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2014/03/21/why-is-iran-building-giant-mock-up-of-u-s-aircraft-carrier/?hpt=hp_t2&hpt=hp_c2

If it is made of metal, maybe it will have some target practice purpose. Otherwise, I must say Iranian military has the craziest ideas!! (hint Qaher 313)

Attachments
Original post

Member for

13 years 10 months

Special ops training?

Member for

16 years

Probably to be used as target practice in an exercise and filmed as a propaganda.

Member for

19 years 3 months

Apparently:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]226589[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

18 years 8 months

Well amusing if anything else, I would lean towards the idea it is for a naval exercise and some rather simplistic propaganda. The mighty Iranian navy will sink it with an assortment of weapon systems.

It does indeed look some barges welded together with some drums and a light structure put on top. I wouldn't be surprised if they rig it with explosives to make sure it goes down in a spectacular fashion.

Propaganda for domestic consumption.

Member for

13 years 10 months

Apparently it's for a film on Iran Air Flight 655.

I would've thought CGI would be cheaper...

Member for

12 years 6 months

Apparently it's for a film on Iran Air Flight 655.

I would've thought CGI would be cheaper...

I applaud use of real sets. Using CGI and green screen instead of proper props and sets is lame and leads to crappy, sterile movies like Hobbit and Star Wars prequels.

Member for

13 years 11 months

I applaud use of real sets. Using CGI and green screen instead of proper props and sets is lame and leads to crappy, sterile movies like Hobbit and Star Wars prequels.

While I agree 100% about CGI (Star Wars Models >>>>>> CGI filled new movies) I have a feeling that model is going to look very tacky to any of us military enthusiasts.