Another new Iranian F-5 variant.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 9 months

Just to add to this thread, this was recently posted at the excellent Secret Projects Forum by matej. It shows a model of what appears to be a blend of the two prototypes we have seen thus far and may give us some idea of where all this F-5 pimping is heading............I dont think Raptor pilots need to be too worried quite yet:D

Heres the link: http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3399.0/highlight,iran.html

Member for

16 years 10 months

The image seems to have dissapeared...

Member for

24 years 8 months

Interesting pictures...that beg the question "How were the flight controls changed?" Relocating wings and adding tails is not trivial because it effects control moments and the control system architecture must accommodate those changes. Did the Iranians use 1950s technology and re-design an electromechanical control mixer, or did they rely on state of the art software-driven fly-by-wire?

Member for

19 years 9 months

The image seems to have dissapeared...

Still there for me.:confused:

Member for

16 years 7 months

any info yet about its perfomance, is it any better then the original? 5- 10% increase in performance maybe?

Member for

18 years 3 months

i thought i spotted the jet prototype from one of the GMC commercials, but the scene was only a second or two glimpse of the jet.

Member for

20 years 4 months

I am still wondering where the main gear is located on the F-5 with a mid mounted wing? :confused:
I presume just like as on the YF-17 & F/A-18A.

Member for

21 years

Just to add to this thread, this was recently posted at the excellent Secret Projects Forum by matej. It shows a model of what appears to be a blend of the two prototypes we have seen thus far and may give us some idea of where all this F-5 pimping is heading............I dont think Raptor pilots need to be too worried quite yet:D

Heres the link: http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3399.0/highlight,iran.html

Well i think the Raptor pilots have a lot to worry about anyway .. Atleast for the near future until all the FRACAS are sorted out

p.s. does anyone here want to volunteer and warn the iranians not to go down this line in case they end up with a F/A-18? I know they are the bad guys bleh bleh bleh but even they do not deserve this!

Member for

16 years 10 months

Still there for me.:confused:

Grr... :mad: it's not showing up either in Firefox OR IE for me. It just has Matej's text and thats it. Anyone else have the picture?

Wait, are we talking about the same thing here? :confused:

Member for

24 years 8 months

Doesn't show for me either - can some one post it here please.

Member for

18 years

It's in their web browser's cache but it is no longer in the linked post. Would be nice to see what they saw.

Member for

16 years 10 months

Doesn't Matej frequent this forum as well? We might as well ask him if we could. I PMed him asking for the image; hopefully he'll put it back up.

Member for

17 years 9 months

Are you guys talking about this image?

Attachments