Su-34 seats

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 9 months

why this production Su-34 number 02 without installing the ejection seats?:confused: can any one explain?

Attachments
Original post

Member for

19 years 5 months

why this production Su-34 number 02 without installing the ejection seats?:confused: can any one explain?

Well, sometimes you don't need an ejection seat, any old parachute pack can substitute :D

Installing ejection seats shouldn't be a big deal, assuming they aren't already installed and that picture has some kind of an optical illusion about it.

Member for

18 years 9 months

what about this one from movie?

Attachments

Member for

19 years 5 months

can't make out anything in that one..

Member for

21 years

The 02 wasn't entirely completed during the introduction ceremony. Except for missing seats I also can remember uncompleted tail spine, replaced by some kind of dummy tube.

Member for

19 years 9 months

The 02 wasn't entirely completed during the introduction ceremony. Except for missing seats I also can remember uncompleted tail spine, replaced by some kind of dummy tube.

Oh yes, I will never forget the piece of drain-pipe and tape, just what you want on a $50 million dollar strike plane.:D

Seriously though, Like flex said, 02 was incomplete, looked like the key issue was to get it painted and polished rather than airworthy.