Portable SAM STRELA 2M and 2M/A

Read the forum code of contact

Anybody has any specs or photos of this Yugoslav made portable SAM... what is the range and what guidence system is used. Also what advances are made on 2M/A form 2M???

Original post

Member for

24 years 8 months

RE: Portable SAM STRELA 2M and 2M/A

Cup-holder for the Vodka.

Member for

24 years 8 months

RE: Sorry

I couldn't resist that Flanker. :P

hhehe

Wrong biff...it would be more likely a botle holder for "Rakija" since we are talking about Yougoslavian made SAM not russian. Well acctualy the original desing is SSSR.

Anyway anybody serious???

Member for

24 years 8 months

RE: hhehe

nope nothin serious here flank tee he:)

Justin Haley
:)

how much?

Where can I buy some?

elp
usa

Member for

24 years 8 months

RE: how much?

Toys 'R' Us!You get to pick your colour too!

Member for

24 years 8 months

RE: how much?

mine got special feature, when you pull trigger bif fist comes out and knocks plane down.

Justin Haley

Member for

24 years 8 months

RE: you "Biff" fist?

LAST EDITED ON 12-Jan-01 AT 00:37 AM (GMT)[p]Mine would have a refridgerated drink holder on each side to hold two Bass Ales. IVs would run from each beer into each arm. The luancher would have a special "Gut Rest" to firmly plant it on my huge beer belly. How I would survive the backblast is something I have yet to figure out. I'll keep testing it :P.

Member for

24 years 8 months

RE: you "Biff" fist?

ya well mine fires screaming old ladies, they track young pilots and cling on to airplane wacking it with handbag till it goes down.

Justin Haley

Cut it out

Ok i think we joked enough. Reason im asking is becouse ive been told that STRELA 2M/A was used to damage that A10 which had its engine blown up. It would make sence becouse a larger SAM lets say SA6 would do more damage.

Member for

24 years 8 months

RE: Cut it out

did a-10 get back home?

Justin Haley

Yes... it landed i belive in albania(i could be wrong) with one engine. The second was destroyed.

Member for

24 years 8 months

ahhh gotta love the durability of that warthog flank, you can shoot 23mm rounds at me in my cockpit while i pull faces at you.

Justin Haley

Member for

24 years 8 months

It landed at Skopje, Macedonia. Not in Albania.

Regards,

Arthur

Member for

24 years 8 months

riddle me with bullets i dont care ha ha ha

still gotta love durability of the thing though boys come on.

Justin Haley

Member for

24 years 8 months

RE: riddle me with bullets i dont care ha ha ha

The aircraft in question was A-10A, serial 81-0967, that was combat-damaged over Kosovo on 2nd May 1999. The aircraft shedded its starboard engine nacelle which now resides in the Belgrade Military Museum. Yugoslav TV showed the video footage of the engine nacelle and claimed an entire A-10 was shot down. The footage showed in great detail the plate with the Construction Serial inside the nacell. This cross-references with the Registration Serial of 81-067 that recovered in Macedonia. 81-0967 received a Purple Star (painted on the airframe) after it was repaired in Macedonia.

http://www.geocities.com/phantom1086/35.jpg

http://www.a-10.org/photos/departure.jpg

TJ

Member for

24 years 8 months

RE: riddle me with bullets i dont care ha ha ha

Well thats all very nice but I beleive SF actually asked if anyone had any info on the system. I'm quite interested too.

Unfortunatly all I can bring to the table (as it were) is the info that an Indigenous (or possibly copied) Yugoslav SAM was placed on a mount on the back of a jeep and equipped with a sight which looked for all the world like a TI camera. I had the pleasure of seeing them in Belgrade a while back (at the time I thought little of it as there were many more interesting Pracka style combos around at the same time).