Libyan Mi-24

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 3 months

Gostomel. December 2004. ¿Antonov facility? ¿Why here?.
Serial number seems black 654.

Regards from Spain.

Original post

Member for

19 years 8 months

Having its being rotorless, I would say that this one could have required undergoing some sort of progressive overhaul. When considering the adequate reason why it ended up being there.

Here is a poor image of Mozambique Mi-24 Hind Gunship (To the right of the picture) seen while occupying the flightline of the Beira Airfield.

For being way too blurry to be recognizable, I can't tell ya for sure whether this one being a Mi-24 Hind or not, However, In a way, I have a strong feeling that it could be that.

Nice find ~~ Mate !!

Attachments

Member for

18 years 8 months

´For my eye it looks more of pair of Hip's...thougth i would not bet my head for it...

Member for

20 years 3 months

Are they on Google Earth on the Gostomel airfield (Could be Ukrainian Forces Chopper)

A225HVY

Member for

18 years 3 months

Having its being rotorless, I would say that this one could have required undergoing some sort of progressive overhaul. When considering the adequate reason why it ended up being there.

Here is a poor image of Mozambique Mi-24 Hind Gunship (To the right of the picture) seen while occupying the flightline of the Beira Airfield.

For being way too blurry to be recognizable, I can't tell ya for sure whether this one being a Mi-24 Hind or not, However, In a way, I have a strong feeling that it could be that.

Nice find ~~ Mate !!

Very thank you curahee80. Btw, only Mi-8 in your Mozambique shot i think. I dont see any "Hind". Interesting shoot indeed.

Regards from Spain.

Member for

20 years

Gostomel. December 2004. ¿Antonov facility? ¿Why here?.
Serial number seems black 654.

Regards from Spain.

Interesting picture;)

Member for

18 years 3 months

Thanks Canpark. After close examination, is also possible that this "Hind" awaiting a delivery ferry flight to Libya on board of an An-124. Non arabic serial number suggest also a "brand new" helicopter. But is just an opinion.

Regards from Spain.

Member for

20 years

Non arabic serial number suggest also a "brand new" helicopter. But is just an opinion.

I think it might be overhaul.