MiG-25 PD cockpit pictures and Intrument Identification

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 10 months

Hello
I am looking for help to Identify the instruments pannels on Mig 25PD.
Please help. Name the instruments marked with numbers please. :(

Also is there a better Image of a Mig 25PD cockpit to better see the details?
Thank you

Attachments
Original post

Member for

24 years 8 months

9 and 10 are banks of warning lights, you just can't make 'em out in the picture. 17 is the optical sight. Gimme a while and I'll have all of 'em.

Member for

18 years 10 months

is there any other picture of 25PD pit?. There is a top row of instruments that are not visible at all for ex above 10 there is the G meter.

Member for

24 years 8 months

Does the radar display on the Foxbat-E work in a similar fashion to that of the MiG-23 where it appears on the HUD or is it only on the display that's on the main panel?

If the MiG-25 doesn't have a gun, what's the use of an optical site? Aiming of R-60 missiles?

Member for

19 years 1 month

1 - Machmeter
2 - Radioaltimeter
3 - Clock
4 - ?
5 - Altimeter
6 - Hole, lol
7 - ?
8 - HSI
9 - ?
10, 11 - Anunciator (I think)
12 - Engine RPM
13 - EGT
14 - Fuel Gage
15 - ?
16 - Artificial horison
17 - Stone age HUD

Member for

24 years 8 months

If the MiG-25 doesn't have a gun, what's the use of an optical site? Aiming of R-60 missiles?

Points the radar and IR sensor at the target.

Member for

18 years 11 months

NPP – HSI, also has ILS bars and K, Г flags
KPP – combined director/attitude indicator
DA-200 – well-known combined instr, present on all a/c from MiG-21 to -31 and other a/c

The a/c has 2 baro altimeters: the above (big) one has a rotating knob and is set before take off on 0 to show altitude relative to the airfield. The second (small) one shows alt relative to sea level, to have another reference for example when cruising, but the take off airfield was let’s say 1500 m above sea level, so the 2 instruments will show a different thing.

Also there are instruments not visible in the picture - above KPP there is a dual indicator – the position of air intakes adjustable ramps. To the left of last mentioned instrument there are two small circular indicators (or one double indicator on late-series machines). These are the ARU indicators. The ARU is a device that changes the transmission ratio from control column to stabilator for pitch control, according to flight conditions. But there isn’t just one indicator like ARU-3V in MiG-21, there are two: “control column” and “stabilator”. For more details about ARU check “MiG-25RB practical aerodynamics” manual from www.airwar.ru. The manual contains a brief descr of the control system.

Attachments

Member for

18 years 10 months

Thank you guys ...
Fox One is there any better picture of the PD cockpit available or a drawing?

Member for

21 years

I have decided to be nice today...

MiG-25PD instrument panel and Smerch-A diagram - that is what you see when looking inside the eyepiece (or face-piece?).. ;)

Attachments

Member for

24 years 8 months

NPP – HSI, also has ILS bars and K, Г flags

Similar to OFF flags for NAV and HDG?

Member for

18 years 10 months

In the first picture can someone do the same legend for the Instruments for the ones that are unknown/not visible in the first pictrure ;) I posted? Now this is way better picture ..
thank you

Member for

18 years 11 months

Similar to OFF flags for NAV and HDG?

The K and Г flags signals interception of ILS glidepath and course beacons, in navigation regime they pretty much do nothing.

Member for

18 years 11 months

As you can see this ARU indicator is late type (single instrument), instead of two circular ones on earlyer a/c. The scales: to the left СTАБИЛ (stabilator), and to the right РУЧКА (control column) and no numbers on the scales. The air intakes have scales 0 to 10, for 0 to 100%. Also to the right of the cabin altimeter is a small instr – voltmeter.

Unfortunately P/PD versions cockpit pics seems quite rare, I don’t have any others. Seems like the best available so far are on this page. I would also like to get some new ones :)

Attachments

Member for

24 years 8 months

The K and Г flags signals interception of ILS glidepath and course beacons, in navigation regime they pretty much do nothing.

OK, but they do have warning flags for navaid failures, right? I think it's nice to know whether or not you can trust the selected aid.

Member for

18 years 11 months

I agree, NPP should have a warning flag, but it doesn’t. Looks like on MiG-25P (D) SKV-2N-1 (heading, pitch, bank) gyro unit failure is signalled by blinking АРРETИР button-light on the KPP instrument. On later HSI instruments like PNP-72-12 (equips MiG-29) there is a failure red flag КС (it means “heading system”).

Attachments