Russian Mig-29 in ground attack role

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 8 months

Helo everyone.
I found some images of Russian AF Mig-29s in a ground attack camo..
Those are only one I saw in those colours. Have anyone some more photos of Mig -29 in that camouflage?

Original post

Member for

18 years 9 months

MiG-29S Fulcrum C,Moscow Guard IAP,VVS

Member for

21 years

MiG-29S Fulcrum C,Moscow Guard IAP,VVS

That is not the same pattern. Moscow guards use lighter and brighter colors with excessive amount of tan and sand. This central European camouflage is much darker, has dark brown istead of sand color and only appeared within the air forces Czechoslovakia and German Democratic Republic (and later their ancestors, Czech Republic, Slovakia and united Germany).

It is new to me that VVS SSSR used central European pattern, as well.. I have tried to analyze the pics demicula has posted and can confirm that these are not Czechoslovak or East German machines as 1. they were delivered with national markings already applied, and 2. the patterns do not match at all (every machine was unique)...

I only found the MiG-29 9-13S No. 05 which sports the same camo.. Two more pics of Moscow Guard #08 and some central European birds follow.

Member for

19 years 1 month

good pics!But what is the main difference between the Moscow guard's MiG-29S and the basic MiG-29?Is it an enhanced AG role ?or better systems ?

Member for

24 years 8 months

A number of the Ukrainian MiG-29s at Martinevske also had the 'dark' camo.

Member for

21 years

A number of the Ukrainian MiG-29s at Martinevske also had the 'dark' camo.

Correct, I forgot about Ukraine! BTW, wasn't it at Crimean Kirovskye and Skolniy? (3rd Sqn)
Pics would be great... Got some?

Member for

21 years

good pics!But what is the main difference between the Moscow guard's MiG-29S and the basic MiG-29?Is it an enhanced AG role ?or better systems ?

As the name says, Moscow guards are intended as the last line of defense of Moscow. A-G role is unnecessary here, me thinks. But I would estimate their Fulcrums to be wired for R-77 (comaprable to Izdeliye 9.13S) and maybe have GPS plus some mods on their Gardeniya jammers.. Just my thoughts..

Member for

18 years 9 months

Does the Mig-29S have CCIP?

Member for

24 years 8 months

Correct, I forgot about Ukraine! BTW, wasn't it at Crimean Kirovskye and Skolniy? (3rd Sqn)
Pics would be great... Got some?

Yes, a few on the Crimea as well. Not at Kirovske, but at Bel'bek. No pics unfortunately.

And stop that 'Moscow Guards'-BS. Such guards titles are honorary titles given after those units' feats during the Great Patriotic War, and don't have much (if anything) to do with actual locations of the unit. IIRC, the only MiG-29s in the greater Moscow area are (or were) at Andreapol, and those are/were grey ones.

Or do you think the Su-24MR and MiG-25RB of the 11ORAP were flown by underage Komsomolets too ;) ?

Member for

21 years

And stop that 'Moscow Guards'-BS. Such guards titles are honorary titles given after those units' feats during the Great Patriotic War, and don't have much (if anything) to do with actual locations of the unit. IIRC, the only MiG-29s in the greater Moscow area are (or were) at Andreapol, and those are/were grey ones.

That is new to me.. So, basically, Moscow is only the name of the Guardian Polk, nothin more? It is a widelyspread belief that those are for guarding Moscow and I never cared enough to check although I have never understood why the hell would Moscow guards be carrying desert camo..

Where exactly are they located and what is the exact designation of their Polk?

Member for

18 years 9 months

hi flex,its also No:08,the same pics of your,and this two colors for the same aircraft

Member for

18 years 9 months

more pics for MiG-29 No:08