Mirage F2 and F3

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 8 months

Anyone has datas, pictures, or story about the Mirage F2 and Mirage F3 ?
Want to make a model of it but there's nearly nothing about this aircraft on the web (PLEASE I know the very bad 3-views picture :D and the website)
I know the F2 was TF-30 powered, two seater,strike fighter. it flew on 12th June 1966. Mirage F3 was a single seater interceptor variant and never flew.
Some questions
I heard the F2 interested Israel. What about a Mirage F2 in israeli markings ?
The only prototype of the F2 flew as a testbed during the 60's. How long ?Was it scrapped ? Or an accident ?
Apparently some F3 were under construction when the program was cancelled. How many ? Any pictures ?
A comparison between the F3 and the F1 ?
I hope finding an answer to these questions so I'm desesperately seeking the Air Enthusiast magazine of September/ October 2002 which deals with the F2. Any scans ?

Original post

Member for

24 years 8 months

Hmmm .... I found only these 3-side drawinga and one small other picture of the F 2 !! ... nothing more ! :confused:

Cheers, Deino

Member for

18 years 8 months

Thank you Deino! I know very well the pictures on the left (I send a mail to the webmaster of this website yesterday, to ask him were he found these pictures)

But the 3-view on the right is something new! Where do you find it? on a website?

Member for

18 years 8 months

I also searching a three-view drawing of the Mirage G (can't find any) similar to those of you find on the F2...

Member for

24 years 8 months

Thank you Deino! I know very well the pictures on the left (I send a mail to the webmaster of this website yesterday, to ask him were he found these pictures)

But the 3-view on the right is something new! Where do you find it? on a website?

To admit ... I don't know it any more ! ... somewhere out there in the depths of my harddrive !

I also searching a three-view drawing of the Mirage G (can't find any) similar to those of you find on the F2...

Maybe this could help ! ;) Otherwise; do Yoz know this page ... so keep us informed regarding Your modelling project ! :diablo:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum/index.php?act=idx

Cheers, Deino ;)

Member for

18 years 8 months

Thank you very much for the three-views of the G!
Now I have three-views of ALL Mirages aircrafts, from the III to the 4000... fantastic!!
It's easy to found pictures of operational aircrafts such as the III, IV F1 and 2000. But the prototypes were very hard to find... :)

Member for

18 years 8 months

For my modelling projects, one day I will take the digital camera of my sister, put all the Mirage on a single row on the table and made some photos of them... :)
I made Mirage F1, 2000, and III some years ago. The IV is nearly finished, so I start the prototypes now. First was the ACF (a Heller Mirage F1 was the basis) then, the 4000. Now, I just finish the G8 (using a Mig-23 as a basis because of the swing-wing system) and the "G" is on the way... the F2 will be the last (using a Mirage 2000D/N as basis).
I also made a project , the fighter version of the Mirage IV the IVC...

Member for

18 years 6 months

Thank you very much for the three-views of the G!
Now I have three-views of ALL Mirages aircrafts, from the III to the 4000... fantastic!!
It's easy to found pictures of operational aircrafts such as the III, IV F1 and 2000. But the prototypes were very hard to find... :)

Are you sure that from all? Do you have also Supermirage and Megamirage?
:)

Member for

18 years 11 months

Are you sure that from all? Do you have also Supermirage and Megamirage?
:)

What is your first attachment, the "Megamirage?"

It is an interesting drawing, but what is the source?

We need more details.

Member for

18 years 6 months

Mach 3 fighter revealed by Dassault-Breguet at the Paris Salon in 1969. It was to be powered by two M-53 engines. Thats all I know.

Member for

18 years 10 months

As for what happen to the prototype Mirage F2, I think it's displayed on the gate at the CEAT facility in Toulouse. (Or at least there was a Mirage F2 when I last visited in about 2001)

Member for

18 years 8 months

Sorry. I wanted to say : all the mirage who flew + those who were built, but never flew.
If I included the projects... my room is full of 160 models or so :(
superMirage = ACF. I made it !!
Matej, I didn't know the MegaMirage but it look like a MIG(rage)-25 :) .
I had heard that the M53 engine was for Mach3 fighters on the drawing board at the beginning of the 70's, but I had never seen it. So thank you very much!!! You are very, very well documented!!
But that's not a Mirage anymore : look at the air intakes! No shock cones... :)
I know from which magazine it comes : "aviation magazine", june 1969.
"Le fana de l'aviation" from July 2004 brief talk about this project..
Vega ECM what you say is very interesting... I think I will google a bit.
The CEAT is the place where structures are tested to their limits...

Member for

18 years 8 months

Please Matej if you have more drawings of this kind (particularly french projects Dassault and others), put them here on this topic!! Or I give you my E-mail adress...
(If that don't cause problems of course)
Thank you!!

Member for

18 years 10 months

that Megamirage looks like a delta-wing, single vertical stabilizer Foxbat :)

Member for

18 years 8 months

Totally agree. that 's why I made a (very bad I admit :( ) joke a MIG(rage)-25...

Member for

18 years 10 months

sorry Archibaal just seen it!

Member for

18 years 6 months

Please Matej if you have more drawings of this kind (particularly french projects Dassault and others), put them here on this topic!! Or I give you my E-mail adress...
(If that don't cause problems of course)
Thank you!!

Probably you saw this before.

And thanks for offer, but I bought new comp, router and software a few days ago, so I am out of cash for a long time. :)

Member for

18 years 8 months

ok I understand. No problem... What the airplane on the left ? a twin boom 4000? A mirage Vampire? :p

Member for

18 years 8 months

Superb!! the ACX (future Rafale) mock-up... Le bourget airshow 1983!!

Member for

18 years 6 months

On the left is one of two Dassaults designs for the ECA (European Combat Aircraft). It was known as ACT-92. The second looked more like todays Rafale. Note the air intakes.

Member for

18 years 10 months

Well if the beauty and the elegance of the airframe was the criterion, surely Dassault designs were always at the first place!