American flag F-117

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 8 months

Here are a couple of pictures of a F-117 they painted an american flag on the bottom of, these were taken today at the Edwards AFB Airshow. The plane is going to be retired tomorrow after the show.

Attachments
Original post

Member for

24 years 5 months

Its a flight test airplane that served its entire career at Groom Lake and Edwards AFB.

Member for

20 years

that make me Dizzzzzyyy!!

Member for

24 years 5 months

That was initially done for a change-of-command or something like that some years ago. I had no idea that they left the scheme on the jet? Or did they do it again to another F-117?

Member for

19 years 8 months

Same F-117 (#782) from the change of command, they repainted the flag on the bottom of the jet because they are going to retire it.

Member for

24 years 5 months

Great pics!

Member for

19 years

thats cool looking!now that looks like something from team america world police!

Member for

24 years 5 months

Can I please clear something up. Is it just this plane or is it the entire fleet that is retiring? The fleet is coming up to a mid life update isn't it?

Member for

24 years 5 months

Just that jet. Looks like it's #782, the third development aircraft.

Member for

24 years 5 months

Thanks sean

Member for

20 years 10 months

They could have done something tiger stripped instead.. Way cooler lookin.. But at least now the disputes about whether a machine like that ever existed were put to an end.. It does not matter now... ;)