Apaches questions

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 1 month

How many apaches are in service in the US Army and USMC ?
The numbers vary wildly,some sources say 1400 others 800 others 700 and some even about 200 !thanks for the info;

PS:when I mean in service I say in service as of today of course in the US Army and USMC not counting those that have been retired sold etc...

Original post

Member for

19 years 8 months

Koj.
The USMC does not use Apaches.They use the Super Cobra attack helicopter.The US Army uses 2 types of Apache. The AH-64A Apache & the AH-64D Apache Longbow.

Member for

19 years 4 months

It's a fluid number because of operational losses, but in summary the Army acquired 821 A models, of which 501 have already been upgraded to D standard, with another 96 As (out of the total remaining fleet of 213) currently undergoing upgrade.

At the conclusion of its recently-launched Block III upgrade, the Army plans to have a total fleet of 597 AH-64D Block III Apaches, with 117 AH-64As remaining unmodified (and with total losses and cannibalized assets equaling 107 aircraft).

Member for

24 years 7 months

OK I have a couple of questions on this line as well.

1. How many countries operate the AH-64 and which models and how many?

2. Of those countries, which are offering some for sale? I know for a fact that the Dutch are offering some Pre-upgrade AH-64's for sale.

3. Of these users, how many countries have camo applied to their Apaches? I know Israel does, are there any others?