India's next 5th generation fighter?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 11 months

Hello everyone,
I was doing some google when suddenly I found something that might be India's next generation fighter, it is known as the S-22/23, it looks interesting enough but don't know the status of this project.

Attachments
Original post

Member for

19 years 10 months

Looks like a Su-47

It is the Su-47. Those were some of the drawings floating around before the first photos became available for the public (and the real designation S-37 was released) IIRC. That said, if the PAK-FA (Sukhoi T-50) is really based on the Su-47 there is a chance that India's 5th generation fighter might look somewhat like that ;)

Member for

20 years 10 months

Actually, the India's next generation fighter to succeed the LCA is the MCA, the PAK-FA will succeed Mig-29 and Su-27 and will be somewhat based on the Su-47 but will not have forward swept wings.

Member for

24 years 5 months

Hello everyone,
I was doing some google when suddenly I found something that might be India's next generation fighter, it is known as the S-22/23, it looks interesting enough but don't know the status of this project.

Compliments:

Cool!!!!http://forum.airforces.info/images/icons/icon14.gif

Now, make it take flight!!!

The more the competition the merrier. This world needs
more topguns and this one just may be the sharpest shooter of them all.
And what's it call? from LCA to MCA, to... to... ???? :eek:

Step aside F-22 for
here comes the no-hankypanky
no-frills competition!!!!

http://forum.airforces.info/images/icons/icon14.gif

Member for

20 years 6 months

this is what i would like to put my faith on..- the right one

and i think the final one will resemble that most probably

Member for

24 years 5 months

some more...

Member for

24 years 5 months

this is what i would like to put my faith on..- the right one

and i think the final one will resemble that most probably

No no no!!!

You can't choose the right one! And why not
you asked??? Because, it's too damn F-22ish! Only ChiComs are
suppose to copy to the same/exact likeness. :p

:p

Member for

19 years 9 months

No no no!!!

wOw!! Now we Have Copyright for Copying too!! ;) :diablo:
Regds
Infinity

Member for

24 years 5 months

The "Su-37" images posted are a dead project, not related to the S-37/Su-47 Berkut FSW demonstrator. And S-32 was the original name of the project (I forget why they changed this one).

Regarding China's "Copyright on copying" or whatever:

The PAK-FA drawing looks less like the F/A-22 than the J-7 does the MiG-21. There is a difference between the two instances of similarity. In the first, you have similar designs (I imagine you were referring to the wings) that came about as a result of similar design requirements. They aren't even a close copy of the F/A-22's wings. Neither is any other part of the aircraft, for that matter. The J-7 looks like a MiG-21 because it is essentially a MiG-21, albeit one that China copied, xeroxed, altered, and improved.

Member for

20 years 6 months

No no no!!!

ofcourse not edison....i think like many u too are towing that similar lines..... of a copied F/A-22

if u take a look w/o that F/A-22 in mind it will be pretty clear to u that its catuclly a S-37 with a modified design with mainly the wings and tail and the fin remaining the same

its coz of that diamond shape which is again not as much wider to the F-22 that many take it as copied of influence from the F/A-22 ..... actuallt if the S-37 is put up with a swept back wings and canards in on the LERX, it would be even much better than what the the figure now represents

Member for

24 years 5 months

actuallt if the S-37 is put up with a swept back wings and canards in on the LERX, it would be even much better than what the the figure now represents

Like this? :D

Attachments

Member for

19 years 8 months

Like this? :D

don't mind him folks....the guys just a tad envious. :D

Member for

24 years 5 months

While we're on this topic could somebody please remind me of the projected timeline for the PAK-FA project? I'm just curious about when we might see some real clues to its final shape.

PS I can't bloody wait!

Member for

20 years 6 months

Oh NO Sean......... u just did that CCP (Cut Copy Past) :D :D .. from the original dia

what i meant was something like the wing starting from bit forwad like the current line of Su-30s and the canards too be modifies to its like... i am very lethargic in doing all that and also not good ..may be GD can do some of his fine graphics or atlest some drawings to the likes of that S-37 with a conventional swept back wing and a canard on its leading edge much like the Su-30s

GD , can u ??.... got time ? ..or anyone else?

Member for

20 years 6 months

and it would be much better doing that on the new pic mean the diagram on the right and not the original S-37 diagram as the modified one also got the tail very much conventional

Member for

20 years 10 months

Indian 5th generation aircraft

and not russian is the title of this topic, so we should talk here about the MCA and not about the PAK-FA

result of a short googeling:

The Medium Combat Aircraft [MCA] is projected as the replacement for the Jaguar and Mirage 2000 fleets in the IAF. It is under design at the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) in Bangalore. The MCA will cost $2 billion to develop and will be a tailless delta design with two engines, combined with a thrust vectoring control capability. It is hoped that the engines on the aircraft will develop a thrust-to-weight ratio of 7.8:1. Although it is unclear which company will be selected to supply the engines; SNECMA, Klimov and General Electric have been identified as potential suppliers

Attachments

Member for

24 years 5 months

Excuse me but are the intakes big enough to feed two engines? If there is a lot designed for the stealth purpose then where is the internal bay? And what is the range of this plane?

Member for

19 years 11 months

and not russian is the title of this topic, so we should talk here about the MCA and not about the PAK-FA

The Medium Combat Aircraft [MCA] is projected as the replacement for the Jaguar and Mirage 2000 fleets in the IAF. It is under design at the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) in Bangalore. The MCA will cost $2 billion to develop and will be a tailless delta design with two engines, combined with a thrust vectoring control capability. It is hoped that the engines on the aircraft will develop a thrust-to-weight ratio of 7.8:1. Although it is unclear which company will be selected to supply the engines; SNECMA, Klimov and General Electric have been identified as potential suppliers

From what I heard the Jaguars are scheduled to be retire in 2010, but how far has the MCA project gone, will it fly in the next few years or decades?

Member for

20 years 8 months

They've dropped the this type of design in the drawing you posted.

Member for

20 years 2 months

From what I heard the Jaguars are scheduled to be retire in 2010, but how far has the MCA project gone, will it fly in the next few years or decades?

I don't think Jaguars will retire in 2010. India is upgrading its jaguars and have also ordered some new ones(I think?). So more realistic date will be 2015-2020.