First RIAT photos

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

21 years 2 months

Don't post on here usually, but as I got the oppurtunity to go to RIAT's non-public day yesterday it would be a shame not to post the pix. The photos are of varying quality, partly due to the heavy storms, and partly due to the fact that I'm on crutches after breaking several bones in my foot. There were a few flying displays, but the weather put off many including the Red Arrows and the Eurofighter.

Hope you like 'em! I'm not very good on the military stuff, so any information you may have regarding the aircraft I would be happy to know.Any help with identifying the last aircraft in this group please?

Original post

Member for

21 years 2 months

And the last few here....

Attachments

Member for

21 years 3 months

Thanks for taking the time to post your pictures. Yes.. a little wet, but kind of gives a different 'look' which can be nice (not so much for the photographer).

Hope you had someone helping carry your gear :)

Mark

Member for

21 years 2 months

Thanks very much Mark2, and no I didn't have anyone to help! Just wearing trousers with the biggest pockets I could find to stuff my camera and everything in. There were a few other bits and pieces around, still military but were more civilian orientated. You can view them here http://forum.airforces.info/showthread.php?t=28654

Member for

21 years 3 months

What's with the new missile configuration on the German Tornado??? Can't do much for maneuverability :)

Mark

Member for

24 years 8 months

LOL, inspired by the Lightning ;-)

Next year they will mount fuel tanks on top on the wings as well

Attachments

Member for

20 years 4 months

Foto list

1 + 2: Typhoon T1
3 + 6: EMB-312 Tucano
4 + 5: British Aerospace Jetstream
7: Slingsby T - 67M Firefly 260 Defence Elementary Flying
Training School
8: PLZ M-28 Skytruck Plus
9: nose RAF E-3D Sentry
Background: Dassault Super Etendard
10: Piaggio P.166

11: USAF KC-135
12+13: USAF C-5
14: USAF KC-10
15: Dassault Mirage IVP ERS 01.091
16+17: RAF Hawk T1A
18+25: USAF B-1B
19: USAF U-2
20: British Aerospace (D.H. / HS) 125

21: USAF F-117
22+23: RAF Tornado F3
24: GAF Tornado ECR

Hi folks, I hope my list is right!
Send me a message, if I should edit the list!

fightingirish

Member for

21 years 2 months

Wow thanks very much for the list there fightingirish, great help! On the Mirage V, could you identify it any further if i showed you this shot? It's a very poor shot, but quickly snapped it in hope of being able to identify it when i got home.

Attachments

Member for

20 years 4 months

Wow thanks very much for the list there fightingirish, great help! On the Mirage V, could you identify it any further if i showed you this shot? It's a very poor shot, but quickly snapped it in hope of being able to identify it when i got home.

Not a Mirage V, my fault!!! :o

The aircraft is a Dassault Mirage IVP from ERS 01.091 'Gascogne' from Mont-de-Marsan.

wannabe pilot, here is a provisional RIAT list

fightingirish

Member for

21 years 2 months

Thanks again fightingirish, much appreciated. Can now try and upload to jetphotos (the nose shot) as I actually have some understanding of what it is! :D

Member for

24 years 8 months

Nice shots Dan, sham about the weather, but you've pulled off some class pics. :)

Member for

21 years 1 month

very good photos considering the adverse weather. if possible a center weighed exposure metering (usually available in S and P modes) and forcing the flash for close up shots could slightly improve the output.

Member for

20 years 3 months

Considering the weather, they are very good pics and a pleasure to see. Mind you though I thought jets were for kids or perhaps I'm wrong. Thanks for taking the time to post them for us to enjoy.