Whats the best flying/aerobatic display team in the world?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 8 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 26-09-02 AT 03:04 PM (GMT)]I would have to say the Red Arrows as its the only proper display team I have seen, their so precise on timing and the formations they do are excellent.

So who do you think is the best flying/aerobatic display team in the world?
Attachments:
http://www.keypublishing.com/forum/importedfiles/3d9320b64cff5670.gif

Original post

Member for

24 years 8 months

RE: Whats the best flying/aerobatic display team in the world?

I can only choose between the three I've seen so far (Patrouille Suisse, Frecce Tricolore, Red Arrows). But they were all very impressive. The Tigers were the loudest though. The Red Arrows even flew almost directly over my house. :-) So my vote should go to them. ;-)

Member for

24 years 8 months

The Blue Angels. There is no question.

Member for

24 years 8 months

I guess it boils down to personal preference, but this is my short list

1. Silber Valke (Silver Falcons-SAAF)
2. Esquadrila Da Fumaca (Smoke Squadron- FAB)
3. Team 60 (SwAF)
4. Snowbirds (RCAF)
5. Jaska 4 (The Best 4 FAF)

Give me coffee and no-one gets hurt!

Member for

24 years 8 months

What about the Russian Knights? or the Zhukovshy Test Pliots??

Member for

24 years 8 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 27-09-02 AT 04:55 PM (GMT)]how about Suryakiran ....:D

Member for

24 years 8 months

nooo, the grasshoppers!

Member for

24 years 8 months

I would say every team has its strong feautures

Red Arrows: Creativity, a few new manoeuvres every year.

Patrouille de France: Crossings.

Patrulla Aguila: Solo inverted loop, formation landing (7 aircraft)

Halcones de Chile: Mirror loop.

Frecce Tricolori: Huge formation, crazy solo flight, Pavarotti music.

These are the groups I have seen.

Member for

24 years 8 months

Freece tricolores are very good.I´ve seen them in Zagreb when they came on 2nd world military games.They were great.Russian knights are my fave.The Swifts are also good.
Attachments:
http://www.keypublishing.com/forum/importedfiles/3d949dbf24028918.jpg

Member for

24 years 8 months

I think a lot of display teams have their own special feature which makes them attractive, or at least stand out from the rest. Here are the ones i remember seeing, and what IMHO stood out most:

[li](former) Asas de Portugal, T-37C. Fourteen Marbore-engines! Earplugs!
[li]Thunderbirds, F-16A/B. Very tight formations, maneuvring not all too spectaculair.
[li]Frecce Tricolori, MB339. Excessive smoke, makes the mud on your formerly-white rental car less obvious :D
[li](former) Grasshoppers, SA316: Only helo demo team with 'real' demo markings. Seen them way too often, they made me hate the song 'Chariots of Fire' for ever. Loved to imitate the commentary though.
[li]Russkiye Vityazi, Su-27s. Used to be very impressive in the early years, but at MAKS 2001 only the audio comment was spectaculair.
[li]The (former) ad-hoc Czech Su-22M4 team. Meanest looking display team ever.
[li]Marche Verte from Morocco, EA300. Ropes between the wingtips make these mopeds fun to see.
[li]Team Iskry, TS11. Very spectaculair trainings, haven't paid too much attention to them at airshows.
[li]Patrouille de France, Alpha Jet. Always manage to catch the national pride of everyone at the end of a French airshow, and usually give you a nice window to go back to your car and leave.
[li]Ukrainskii Sokoli, MiG-29: Saw them training for their first display in 1997, and was neatly surprised Ukraine had a team.
[li](former) Nebesniye Gussari, Su-25: Again a very militant looking aircraft for a display team, very good. Unfortunately the Frogfeet have been retired although the team is to reform with the L39. Although i like the Albatross as a trainer, as a display aircraft i think they're tedious - so that's what i think of the Biele Albatrosy.
[li]Red Arrows, Hawk: Always like to watch these, because of the creativity they put in their shows. Also because everything about the team breathes 'display', even the Herc support which somehow always performs a break-landing...
[li]Strizhi, MiG-29: Not too fond of these, IMHO don't make enough of their mount's performance.
[li](former?) Team 60, Saab 105: Nice to see, were the first Sk60s i saw so that made them extra special for me.
[li]Turk Yildizlari, NF-5. Nice to see that Turkey puts the improved maneuvrability of the former Dutch F-5s to good use.
[li]Los Halcones, Pitts (when i saw 'em, long ago): Was surprised to see a Chilean demoteam in Belgium, but their aircraft weren't looking military enough for me back then. Can't remember much.

Member for

24 years 8 months

Escuadrilha da Fumaca (Brasil), still the best for me!!

Regards

Member for

24 years 8 months

Frecce Tricolori, who else?

Frecce Tricolori. "Nuff said.

Sam.

Member for

24 years 8 months

RE: Frecce Tricolori, who else?

I see no-one has mentioned the RAAF Roulettes. they have a manouver that they call the Kings Cross Bomb burst, I'll see if I can find the info.

Give me coffee and no-one gets hurt!

Member for

24 years 8 months

RE: hmm

Well I haven't seen the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds yet, so can't really tell.

Red Arrows is good flying work, but those Hawks really become boring, I've seen them three or four times now and they don't really amuse me anymore. But they are good!

This year I also saw the Patr. de Suisse again and they ended using flares, that was quite a sight.

Member for

24 years 8 months

THUNDERBIRDS
Attachments:
http://www.keypublishing.com/forum/importedfiles/3d99cf7060e24ac0.jpg

Member for

24 years 8 months

How about the Microlease extra 300 team. Or the Yakolev team. Or even the utterly butterly barnstormers. Not only to they have two super sexy aircraft (Stearman) but they have two very cute girlies on their tops wings aswell. I must say that allthough not a extreme aerobatics team the moves they pull off more than make up for the high adrenaline moves.

Merlin

Member for

24 years 8 months

Also no one mentioned the Blue Eagles. They are worth a mention. I mean Helicopters got to be a good pilot to aerobatic one of these.

Merlin