Stealth Aircraft

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 8 months

"Hate to say this, but the MiG-37B ..."

Only in the minds of the plastic model manufacturer. The designation "MiG-37B" is not real and neither was your opinion of the "NATO codename" being assigned. In similar fashion a model kit manufacturer released in 1986 the "F-19 Stealth Fighter".

Member for

24 years 8 months

Repeat after me:

The MiG-37 "Ferret-E" was MADE UP by Testors/Italeri.

It is not real.

It even says so on the box.

Testors knew that a light fighter and a heavy fighter (LFI/MFI) were under development in the USSR, so skipped MiG-33 and MiG-35 and went straight to MiG-37 for a hypothetical Russian stealth aircraft to follow them.

Now Mikoyan in the late 80s was working on the MiG-29M, MiG-31M, the MFI, the 701 long range interceptor, and several highly supersonic or hypersonic bomber/recce designs. More than enough work for anyone, I'd say. Any of these are interesting topics for discussion- a fictional plastic kit really isn't.

Member for

21 years 4 months

So why is the MiG-37B designation recorded on this site??? Any takers???

www.worldairforces.com/Misc/natoascc.html

:p

Sorry guys but just cos you aint seen it don't mean it aint real, surely being air force fans and aware of government secrets you guys should know about cover ups which still exist?!?

Heres another pic for you to look at:

(I'm an annoying little **** really, ain't I
:D :D :D )

Member for

24 years 8 months

Originally posted by Flanker110
So why is the MiG-37B designation recorded on this site??? Any takers???

www.worldairforces.com/Misc/natoascc.html

Because Chris Tornburg (the B727 pilot who is behind that site, why not check the bio?) is wrong, obviously. He's wrong on quite a few ASCC designators - the Fiddler is not Tu-28P but Tu-128, the Forger is the Yak-38 and not Yak-36MP, he is wrong calling the Hind-D the 'Mi-25', etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

He even put question marks behind his 'Ferret'.

Can we call it quits now? It's annoying.

Member for

24 years 8 months

"So why is the MiG-37B designation recorded on this site??? Any takers???"

The same as these websites list 'Foxglove' as MIG-41/42 and 'Firefox' as MiG-31. Contact the website owner and ask him where he first found the MiG-37B Ferret E designation. None of these listed (Foxglove / Firefox) are ASCC codenames and again ask yourself what were the Ferret A Ferret B Ferret C or Ferret D?

http://www.kitsune.addr.com/NinjaSpies/NinjaSpies-Vehicles/MIG-41_Foxglove.htm

http://oculusdesign.com/firefox/hangar.html

http://m2reviews.cnsi.net/reviews/mod/briggs37.htm

"Editor's note: Based on the huge success of their 'F-19 Stealth' kit, Testors made several attempts to repeat that success. One of those kits is the 'Mig-37' that is reviewed here. Because of a marketing agreement with Italeri, Testors kits are often found in Italeri boxes and vice versa."

The only time that this designation "MiG-37B Ferret E" appeared was when the model manufacturer released the kit. The designation only existed in the kit creator(s) imagination. If I sponsored their next release as the MiG-47B Flipflop E would you believe it was a real aircraft?

TJ

Member for

24 years 8 months

Re: Stealth Aircraft

Thanks for starting that very interesting tread !!! :D
... but I would like to ask something back on Your first post ! :confused:

Originally posted by SOC

Germany-as well as a stealthy attack platform not unlike the A-12.

I've never heard of that project ... any more info, drawings, pictures !!!!

Originally posted by SOC

China-I got some images I'll post later after I get them down to an acceptable size.

PLEASE ....... !!!! :D

Originally posted by SOC

Russia-...and the NOVO-C.

Sprry ... but can anyone tell me what's the NOVO-C ????
.... and what's about the Sukhoj T-60S ???

Originally posted by SOC

Japan-Mitsubishi is designing a stealthy F-15J replacement.

.... I think I remember one drawing published in an very old FLIGHT International Issue .... Does anyone have some more or remembers this picture too ???

Thanks in advance, Deino :)

Member for

24 years 8 months

Re: Re: Stealth Aircraft

Originally posted by Deino
Thanks for starting that very interesting tread !!! :D
... but I would like to ask something back on Your first post !

Answers, etc. forthcoming!

NOVO-C is the T-60S

The MiG-37B FERRET is fake.

The ASCC is a NATO committee if I remember correctly. They come up with the codenames. Now, to add further confusion, the US also makes up part of the names by itself. The numerical designators, i.e. SA-11 or AA-10, are US. The name GADFLY or ALAMO is the ASCC designator. Let the confusion reign.

This image shows a Chinese stealth bomber project. Real? Artistic imagination? I have absolutely no clue.

And yes, Flanker can be an annoying individual when he wants to be :D

Member for

24 years 8 months

hahha...B-3...

"The ASCC is a NATO committee if I remember correctly. "

I think New Zealand has representatives on the ASCC committee... we are not members of NATO.

Member for

24 years 8 months

Thanks for that - for my opinion speculative but interesting - drawing !

But do You have more about the Mitsubishi F-15-replacement and the German stealthy attack platform !!!

Thanks, Deino :)

Member for

21 years 5 months

here's the german project! http://www.invisible-defenders.org/images/various/lampyridae/lampy-2.jpg
from www.invisible-defenders.org

basically this aircraft, Limpyridae (fire fly) was designed by the Germans to get something stealthy to fly over the heavy East German air defenses.. but they say the Americans did not like this project at all (was comparable to the F-117) and put pressure for it to be cancelled. based on the pic, it looks like only the foward fueselage was completed

Member for

24 years 8 months

I Yes I remember the Lampyridae interceptor program but as I understand SOC right then there have been two different German Stealth projects during the '80s:

Germany - the Lampyridae interceptor program in the '80s, as well as a stealthy attack platform not unlike the A-12.

Any more about this German A-12 ???

Member for

21 years 4 months

Okay okay, I'll call it quits on the "Ferret", just to please you Arthur. Sorry if I annoyed U.
Now about the existance of UFO's (only kidding :p )

Member for

24 years 8 months

Another question about that plane: how would it have been powered? I can't see any prop, nor any space to put a jet engine. Or did the russians develop flat ones?

Member for

24 years 8 months

Originally posted by frankvw
Another question about that plane: how would it have been powered? I can't see any prop, nor any space to put a jet engine. Or did the russians develop flat ones?

If it didn't exist - why would it need engines ??

It's like asking 'how do the warp engines work on the Starship Enterprise' ?

It's called artistic licence.

Ken

Wouldn't be much of a stealth plane with external engines or even engines with intakes or exhausts you could see turbine blades through... look at the F-117 and guess...