Spad XIII drawings required for replica

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 11 months

Hi to all

.... I am looking into the possibility of building a full size and fully flying replica of the Spad XIII.

I am in contact with The Shuttleworth Collection regarding this project, but would really be grateful for any information on where I might obtain decent scale / manufacturer drawings.
Up to now I have been shown drawings for scale models !! -- for 80-90% scale flying replica's with steel frames ---- but this is not what I am looking for.

It is my aim to construct a full size correct replica of this aircraft to museum quality and be fully flyable - by me !! ..... although some degree ( a great deal !! ) of leeway will be needed with the engine. But otherwise the aircraft will be constructed from the correct materials to the original scale.
I expect this will be a long project .... but it would be nice to get this off the ground with some accurate information to start with.

Any leads you may have will be much appreciated.

May all your landings be happy ones!!

Steve

Original post

Member for

21 years 1 month

Wasn't there an Italian chap who built a full-scale flyer a couple of years ago?

Member for

19 years 4 months

I was flown out Italy next year with a number of others to participate in a commemoration of the 90th anniversary of the Battle of Piave - among other aircraft there were two Spads, although couldn't tell if they were full or smaller scale replicas