Defiant L7015

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 8 months

Another modelling enquiery from me. A contact of mine has been asked to try and find out the indivivual aircraft code for the above named aircraft. A modelling freind of his is planning to build a model of the aircraft as a memorial to the Air Gunner Sgt Atkins who was killed when this aircraft was lost on the 19th July 1940. The squadron codes at the time where TW- but what was after the dash?

Does anyone have a copy of Air Britains Defiant file they can look in to see if it is mentioned there? Or either the warpaint book or profile 117. My contact has already checked all other Defiant books but i guess there could be a photo elsewhere.

Original post

Member for

17 years 4 months

Unfortunately this is one period and one squadron which appears to have avoided the camera . I have seen two references of serial and code tie ups but not the photos . TW-H was carried by L7009 and L7016 , L7009 also carried the nickname **** of the North . Other 141 Sqn Defiants carried similar names such as **** Sure , Cocked and Ready , Cocked and Primed , **** a Hoop and Cocked for Firing . Sorry this has not been the answer you wanted . There were no tie ups in the Air Britain book .