Lancaster Bomber Seats

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 2 months

Having seen the spurious lancaster seat in the ebay thread,Ithought these pics might be of interest.The original seat is of course from 118, some of the new build parts will be used to restore a seat for FM 104 in Toronto,one other set of parts will be used for my front section project.The pictures show the first trial assembly,just to check fit etc.....hence the pop rivets.The seat will then be dissasembled and correctly riveted onto the new bhild stainless steel sub frame

Attachments
Original post

Member for

19 years 9 months

The new seat looks great Geoff!

I see the FN5 turret in the background, it's coming along quite nicely too!

Regards,

Member for

15 years 2 months

Fraid turret progress has slowed,here are a few pics .Got to the difficult bit now,need a cupola and the ammo guides.

Attachments

Member for

17 years 10 months

Funny the seat bucket looks very like an ejector seat bucket

Member for

24 years 5 months

Hi Geoff - looks great - nice to see some pics. I note the lanc control wheels in the background! Did you ever manage to find a real one?

Cheers

Member for

15 years 2 months

Hi Elliot i see that your project is moving well,to answer your question....yes i finally got hold of a genuine control wheel .
Using that and original drawing we have managed to produce the relicas you saw in the pictures.I will post a piccie of the finished prototype,these are being made exclusively for the purposes of fund raising for restoration of FM104 in Toronto,and I will add their linc to the pics

Member for

15 years 2 months

IT FITS

Couple of pics taken at Downsview last weekend of the first of the new build pilots seat being fitted to the FM 104 original seat adjustment frame.....just needs a couple of hundred rivets put in and a couple of coats of paint

Attachments

Member for

19 years 9 months

Excellent work!!!

Member for

24 years 5 months

Looks very nice and once painted you will never know it is not original! Did you have to make the mounting parts for the armor plate?

Member for

15 years 2 months

Peter whole seat assembly is copied including the head armour,with all its horrible stepped washers,all mounting brackets and boy some of them made my head hurt just thinking how to hold them in milling machine

Member for

24 years 5 months

OK thanks. We have the plate for ours but no mounts. Did you also make the armor plate for the front of the seat as well?

Member for

15 years 2 months

Peter yes to that as well along with the spacers and the liner for the cut out ,but its not fitted in the pictures ...makes the seat a bit too heavy and unstable , but when fitted in FM104 it will be in place,only part of armour not done yet is the part for the lower seat pan drawings are a bit faded for exact dimensions

Member for

24 years 5 months

Can't say I have seen the armor for that part of the seat.

Member for

17 years 9 months

Wow, absolutely fabulous work.

Cheers

Cees

Member for

15 years 2 months

Well here it is the seat pan has come back from those great lads down in Toronto...The fm104 restoration team have finished riveting the first seat together,and a very fine job they have done....while they were doing that i have fabricated the adjustable base...if any one is interested we can offer seats,control wheels and various other reproduction parts.Later in the year the pilots floor and control column will be put back into production.Funds raised will go towards the rebuild of 104.As a final offering a few pics of the fuel jettison contorl and decal plate.Trim towers going well just waiting for the various control wheels etc to come back from the foundry

Attachments

Member for

24 years 5 months

Very nice Geoff!

Member for

18 years 2 months

Amazing work!!!

Member for

14 years 9 months

Sorry to drag this old (but very nice) thread back but can anyone tell me the basic dimensions of the Lancaster pilot's seat?
Lenght, width and height. A general arrangement drawing would be great.
Working on a scratchbuild 1/32 seat for my Manchester model.
Cheers
Cees