Ray Hanna

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 4 months

Ray Hanna 28/08/1928 - 01/12/05 Sorely missed . Air Shows will never be the same !

Original post

Member for

20 years 9 months

Ray Hanna

Too true, sorely missed but never forgotten,

A good job Ray was recorded in action,I often watch the dvds and indeed my own recordings,

Steve

Member for

21 years 1 month

Man, has it been three years already?!

Sorely missed - but what a legacy!

Member for

20 years 11 months

Much missed, A true Airshow legend.
As i have written many times before it was Ray's display at Biggin Hill in 1982 when i was 8 that started my love of Warbirds.
I stood spellbound everytime i saw him fly no matter what he was flying, But his displays in MH434 always left a tear or two in my eyes, That was the same in 2005 when i last saw him at Biggin, A display that still included the trademark valley dive, As i say spellbinding.

RIP Ray, We still miss you and always will.

Member for

21 years 3 months

Ray.

Cannot believe it's been 3 years already. :(:(
His departure has left a void never to be filled.
Ray was and still is my Hero.

Rest in Peace Sir.

Member for

19 years 9 months

Spooky coincidence

Last night I saw a freebie download from BT Vision on WWII fighters. It was largely filmed at Dx, care of the OFMC and TFC. Sadly it featured several pilots, and airframes, no longer with us - including Mark Hanna.

Definitely worth an hour if your can get it. And it gave me an excuse not to wash up:)

DS

Member for

18 years

Great to see his name being remembered.

Thanks for putting up the post Plane Space.

Member for

17 years

Yes... I absolutely agree with everyone so far. Ray was great!

I first saw him fly MH434 at Biggin Hill around 1974 and was totally captivated by his display, not least when he disappeared into (and reappeared from) the famous valley.

Another vivid memory is showing up at Elstree one Sunday afternoon (circa March 1981) knowing Spencer Flack's G-FIRE was close to completion and arriving just in time to see Ray taxiing out for the first of several test flights. Fantastic!

Ray (and Mark). Gentlemen, we remember you.

Out... Roxeth

Member for

17 years

Here's a some photo's from the day at Elstree. 14th March 1981.

On the left Ray Hanna, on the right Spencer Flack.

Out... Roxeth

Attachments

Member for

19 years 10 months

I feel privileged to have witnessed his displays over the years, in my personal opinion Ray was the Spitfire display pilot of all time.
And to have Mark Hanna back then, we were truly spoilt.
I'm so glad that the pilots of the OFMC, especially Nigel Lamb,Alister Kay and Paul Bonhomme fly on in Ray Hanna's unique style.
Nigel and Paul's MH434 and P-51 duo at Biggin was my airshow highlight of 08, and Alister's displays in 'Ferocious Frankie' are always fantastic.
Ray and Mark would be proud.
Thanks for the memories, enough to put a smile on my face on the greyest winter day.