The Times today reports Red Arrow incident.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 8 months

I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall in the Norwich Union office when the car insurance claims arrive...

Adrian

No pun intended?

Member for

24 years 8 months

No pun intended?

No but I do hear they will come down on like a ton of bricks on any dodgy claims!

Member for

16 years 2 months

Red Arrow Incident

Thats not the only incident that has occured recently! a couple of weeks ago a red arrow swallowed a bird which actually passed through the right hand intake leaving a hole before being ingested into the engine. It made an emergency landing here at Wittering and has since been turned into a bit of a christmas tree, as they slowly progress with the airframe repair!

Member for

24 years 8 months

No pun intended?

Oh flatulence... missed that one! :o

Imagine it, though. "Hey guys, we got a joker here - says his car got twatted by an out-of-control jet aeroplane. He's even sent photos - let's have a look - well b****r me, he's not kidding..."

Adrian

Member for

20 years 3 months

Nothing like old news!

Thank goodness I was on leave at the time, my office is not too far away from the "Tower". It's possible that the photos weren't available for a while but clearly I can't speculate any more (I wasn't there honest!). It would appear from the blue and yellow insignia that this particular Hawk had once served with 208 (Reserve) Sqn. Heard from an oppo that the tower's "Emergency State One" tannoy was a bit squeaky, for obvious reasons!

Member for

17 years 10 months

Toddington Ted,

By the way, you have a PM waiting to be read (top r/h corner of your screen)

Cheers....

Member for

20 years 3 months

Toddington Ted,

By the way, you have a PM waiting to be read (top r/h corner of your screen)

Cheers....

Thanks for the heads up, I'm a bit busy at the mo! I'm on it.

Member for

19 years 7 months

I know it's now an ex-Hawk, but one thing struck me...

...why is this being discussed in historic aviation?;)

Member for

18 years 6 months

As the crash happened 4 weeks ago I guess you could just about call it historic news????? :p

Member for

19 years 7 months

As the crash happened 4 weeks ago I guess you could just about call it historic news????? :p

:):D Just about.

Member for

17 years

Poor little Hawk !!!!!

'Glad to hear the crew were OK.

Historic? I think so. Hawk was designed in about 3 to 4 years, over 30 years ago, and is, in my view, STILL the best jet trainer EVER !

Member for

16 years 4 months

Because it's now history :rolleyes:

As to the question posed by The Blue Max and Dave Homewood and why it's only just come to light, the Daily Express mentioned that it occured on the same day as the Spaniair incident in Madrid, which obviously got more coverage.

Member for

18 years 8 months

I heard about the incident at the time, but didn't realise it was that serious and narrowly missing the tower like that. Hope the aircrew are recovering ok.
It should be pointed out that that picture is the rear of the tower aswel. I know how harrowing it is to see something like that from the tower, and I hope any witnesses are fine.

When XX223 crashed at Valley many years ago, it went close by the tower (then crossed TAHS pan , ending up on the CFS line!), and in the accident report they said the pilot whilst in his seat, only missed the tower by 10ft!
One of the AATC girls I knew there at the time siad it was like a giant firework going passed the window with quite a noise!