Hawker Hurricane Book?

Read the forum code of contact

Hi All

Sorry if this is a daft question, but I'm after a book on the Hurricane which contains a comprehensive list of all the individual aircraft's histories (delivery dates, allocations, fates etc), much like the hefty tome 'Spitfire - The History' by Eric B. Morgan and Edward Shacklady, or in a similar vein to the Air Britain 'Files' series.

Is there such a book around?? Or is the Hurricane not glamourous enough...:rolleyes:

Cheers

Simon

Original post

Member for

21 years 2 months

The Francis Mason book gives you a pretty good listing of each aircraft (its not 100% complete though) with some history on each one, details of orders, producion contracts etc. Find a copy of the later Aston Publications version if you can.

The Francis Mason book gives you a pretty good listing of each aircraft (its not 100% complete though) with some history on each one, details of orders, production contracts etc. Find a copy of the later Aston Publications version if you can.

Thanks for the reply. I do have the updated version by Crécy Publishing (an update of the Aston Publications update, I think!), but the individual histories are somewhat patchy, with quite a few missing.

Unfortunately so far all the specific planes I'm after info on are amongst those ones that are not covered, which I was wondering if there was a publication that covered ALL the Hurricanes. I suppose there's a law about this sort of thing - I think the polite name is Murphy's Law...:)

Cheers

Simon

Member for

24 years 8 months

Did hear a rumour that someone (don't know who) was doing a 'The Hurricane The History' Type of thing but it may just be that..... a rumour