Bader

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 8 months

This is quite a surprising thing - Douglas Bader as a character in an animated series! Hopefully it will help bring the great deeds of the past to the attention to a new generation.

http://gargoyles.dracandros.com/Douglas_Bader

Original post

Member for

19 years 10 months

I hear they're also developing another animated character...Lilly, the Liverpool hotel maid.

Member for

20 years 5 months

/\ In the voice of Ruth Archer.........Ohhhh Noooooo!:D

Member for

24 years 8 months

Who have they got doing the voice of Ken Williams?

Member for

24 years 8 months

Oh dear....

Member for

18 years

Just looked at the illustration, can anyone tell me if that is a MKV, highback, lowback or even humpback, and is the paintscheme absolutely accurate ?

From the looks of the style of the graphics I can't wait to see him challenge the Mekon, for interstellar domination just like wot happened in France it's true you know !

Member for

18 years

:(

Member for

17 years 11 months

Shocking New Controversy Uncovered!

http://gargoyles.dracandros.com/Douglas_Bader
Bader was NOT a prisoner of the Germans!

"…he was finally freed from the POW camp where he was being held by the American Third Army!!!"

Member for

24 years 8 months

ROTFL!

:D :D :D

Moggy

Member for

24 years 8 months

Bader was NOT a prisoner of the Germans!

Heh, yes I noticed that! The distortion in meaning that can be caused by poor use of the written word!

I don't think this is a bad idea though - it's clearly fiction and kids these days are quite sophisicated in their use and knowledge of the media. If this gets a few to look for the true story behind the character, that can't be a bad thing.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Looks cool, hopefully the rest of the squadron will be formed of the Thundercats and Ben Affleck and Digby will be his wingmen.
With a bit of luck, Sir Hubert will be the CO and Miss Peabody will be the female interest in the local pub, only serving warm Greene King IPA of course.
Will the legs get individual credits.

Member for

19 years 3 months

Will the legs get individual credits.

Pete, that last comment might be considered as being in very poor taste - but I laughed anyway :D :D

Paul F

Member for

24 years 8 months

As the site is in Wiki format, would somebody with a minute or two care to go and edit the statement that his legs were made of 'tin'?

This has obviously sprung from the 'tin-legs' nickname.

Moggy

Member for

18 years 8 months

Pete, that last comment might be considered as being in very poor taste - but I laughed anyway :D :D

Paul F

I thought he meant miss Peabody....

Member for

24 years 8 months

Paul F

The whole reason I laughed was because it was in poor taste...

Adrian

Member for

19 years 10 months

Hopefully the poor taste was refering to the Greene King IPA.