New von Richthofen movie.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 8 months

I read that Joseph Feinnes has signed up to play Roy Brown in a new von Richthofen movie. Seems a little strange since AFAIK the Baron was shot down by ground fire, but hey, that wouldn´t make such a good story! Hopefully they won´t bend the truth too far.

Original post

Member for

18 years 9 months

I read that Joseph Feinnes has signed up to play Roy Brown in a new von Richthofen movie. Seems a little strange since AFAIK the Baron was shot down by ground fire, but hey, that wouldn´t make such a good story! Hopefully they won´t bend the truth too far.

Quick, someone, the lid - all the worms will escape! Oops, too late.

As far as I am aware there is has always been debate about who shot TRB down which is unlikely to be resolved 90 years after the fact. Good that a film is being made about it though - any idea who by?

Member for

19 years 3 months

Hairyplane hurry up

Hurry up with your Dr.1 replica Hairyplane - might be able to earn a few bob renting it to the film production company?

Roger Smith.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Ooh, this is interesting! I'll have to watch out for this.

Any idea where the news came from?

The IMDB entry has it under "Der Rote Baron", and is described as "filming".....

Member for

20 years 8 months

I saw it on the Empire website. It is meant to have just started filming.

Member for

20 years 10 months

I saw it on the Empire website. It is meant to have just started filming.

There was a post about it on the General Discusion forum, under "The Last Movie You Watched" thread.

http://www.filmfodder.com/mt-weblog/archives/002966.shtml

It's described as "a modern take on the legend" - that doesn't bode well with me....

Member for

18 years 9 months

It's described as "a modern take on the legend" - that doesn't bode well with me....

Don't worry Daz, that just means it'll have a rock soundtrack.

As long as it doesn't have anyone running along a detonating zeppelin that'll be alright by me. Oh, and no wisecracking sidekicks either.

Member for

18 years 8 months

Hurry up with your Dr.1 replica Hairyplane - might be able to earn a few bob renting it to the film production company?

Roger Smith.

Its coming together. Speeking to Peter and the other guy who owns her (name escapes me sorry) it should fly within the next 2 weeks. It will be flown most likely by Andy Spehton, it even has propane guns on it to make the gun flashes.
Latest photos of the work will be posted tomorrow along with others from Old Warden.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Its coming together. Speeking to Peter and the other guy who owns her (name escapes me sorry) it should fly within the next 2 weeks. It will be flown most likely by Andy Spehton, it even has propane guns on it to make the gun flashes.
Latest photos of the work will be posted tomorrow along with others from Old Warden.

Propane Spandaus? Nice! :D

Not just the flash, Ollie, but the sound....!

Member for

18 years 8 months

Propane Spandaus? Nice! :D

Not just the flash, Ollie, but the sound....!

Its looking good. Hopefully Peter may make an appearance and let us know more precisely how the project is going.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Was watching TV at the weekend and saw a bit of a local news report about this film, as I think they were filming locally at a schloss, done up as a hospital (big red cross flag hung on the roof). Seems that Til Schweiger (Germanys answer to Tom Cruise) is playing The Baron. It looked like a decent enough historical movie.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Hmm... the synopsis sounds "interesting".....