Handley Page Victor Cockpit Pictures

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years

I am currently restoring two instrument panels from a Handley Page Victor Bomber/Tanker. One being the Pilots main panel from a K2 and the other being the co-pilots main panel from an older K1. By chance is there anyone out there with some pictures of the instrument panels of either type of Victor or perhaps is anyone able to scan the picture of the cockpit layout from the Pilots notes?
Many thanks in anticipation of any help. (PS The panels are for my private collection and not destined anywhere).

Original post

Member for

19 years 3 months

Hi,

The photo is from a K1 or B1, not sure which, as for K2 shots look on www.lustylindy.co.uk in a week when the site goes live. That will cover your every need!

Ollie

Member for

20 years 3 months

Victor K1 panel

Scanned from Ian Allan's "Postwar miltary aircraft: 6" by Andrew Brookes, pages 74 and 75.Pages 76 and 77 also carry views of the port and starboard side controls.

Member for

24 years 5 months

This sort of thing any help?

It's the Tanker at Elvington. Looks pretty original to me (and well kept) but I'm no Victor expert.

Moggy

I have it in much higher res if you've broadband, and a couple more :)

Attachments

Member for

20 years

Thankyou!

Moggy, Barnowl, Victor simm and Papa Lima, Thankyou very much for your time and replies. All your pictures will be most helpful in my restoration project, an excellent response, once again Many Thanks!
Fly.Buy

Member for

21 years 2 months

Hi All

The pic barnowl posted is a B1A(K2P) and is the cockpit section at bruntingthorpe.

Scott C

Member for

18 years 2 months

One interesting feature of the Victor pilots' panels was that the fuel guages and associated controls were inside a slide-out drawer under the centre instrument panel. It saved a lot of normal 'panel space'.

Bri

Member for

24 years 5 months

Please remember all, when posting other people's photos to credit them, thank you (in reference to deleted post containing copyrighted image above)

Member for

21 years 2 months

Hi All

Bri,As far as know the sliding draw was only a the Mk.1 Victors the same panel on the Mk.2 hinges upwards.In case anyone is wondering why it's to give access to the bomb aimers position in the nose.

Scott C

Member for

19 years 4 months

Sorry to contradict Scott C but the B2 Victor definitely had a sliding fuel control panel drawer.

I wish I had a £1 for every time I have ground run a Victor B2!

Glyn

Member for

18 years 4 months

If anyone is still interested I have a full compliment of cockpit pics of both the Victors at Bruntingthorpe, I have close ups of each panel in turn and several of the back seaters positions too.

In total I have about a dozen on each one and if I work out how to post them I will (very big files).

I also have shots of the simulator at Elvington.

John.

Member for

19 years 3 months

Hi All,

Just to clarify. The Victor B Mk2 had a sliding fuel panel much like the B/K1. I believe they changed it to a sliding panel in the BMk2A, SR2 and KMk2 variants.

Go to www.lustylindy.co.uk for various cockpit photos, more will be posted shortly of all the varients of the victor.

Cheers

Ollie

Member for

21 years 2 months

Hi All

Yes the B.2 did indeed have a sliding panel and it was later changed to the hinged panel on the K.2 (That will teach me to check next time!) Only ever been in the K.2 (Just once or twice, eh Ollie)

Scott C