USAF WW2 U.K Crash

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 6 months

I would be very interested if anyone can help me with this posting. My Mother as a young girl lived in the West Midlands, UK during WW2 when she witnessed a USAF plane crash into a field near her school. The plane at the time was not involved in combat operations.

She recalls the devastion of the scene and the futile rescue attempts that were made to save the crew. My Mother, due to the traumatic nature, had 'blanked' this experience out of her mind for the past 60 years, until recently when she recalled the incident to me. If anyone knows anything about the Plane, Squadron, etc, I would be very interested to know.

Original post

Member for

19 years 8 months

Location of crash

Do you know where in the Midlands the crash took place?

Member for

19 years 6 months

Plane Crash

I dont have that information at the moment, but I can tell you she lived in Annes Street, Willenhall (which was bombed during WW2), her Father was the local Air Raid Warden.

Local Primary Schools in which she may have attended would have been in the Willenhall, Walsall, Bloxwich areas. If this info does not help please let me know as I can obtain more details if required.

Regards...

Member for

20 years 8 months

I dont have that information at the moment, but I can tell you she lived in Annes Street, Willenhall (which was bombed during WW2), her Father was the local Air Raid Warden.

Local Primary Schools in which she may have attended would have been in the Willenhall, Walsall, Bloxwich areas. If this info does not help please let me know as I can obtain more details if required.

Regards...

Dingo
there are ways of finding out what you need to know.
However, you need to furnish the people here with a bit more information.
A year perhaps and a location would be a good starting point.

Then you're enquiry might move forward a bit more.
Cheers
Andy

Member for

20 years 11 months

Dingo,

Here http://www.aviationarchaeology.com/src/db.asp you will find a searchable database of US aircraft crashes listed by year & month for the USA & overseas, A database of all names featuring in said accident reports, and MACRs. The amount of info given is brief, but will enble you to take the research forward.

Good luck.

Geoff.