Newark Air Museum

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 4 months

Hi all.
Spent a few days in Lincoln last week.Had a tour of the cathedral and
stopped of at Newark air museum on the way home.
A few pics.
Phil. :)

Original post

Member for

19 years 11 months

What a great selection of photos, thanks very much for posting.

Hope you had a good time
Snaps

Member for

20 years 4 months

What a great selection of photos, thanks very much for posting.

Hope you had a good time
Snaps

Thanks Snaps.
Yes had great time never been to Newark museum before
a good colection of aircraft. Some more pics.
phil. :)

Member for

24 years 5 months

Wow...
the swift and javelin sure do look much better now than when they were outside..!will
the Bucc coming indoors next?

Member for

20 years 3 months

Rush of nostalgia there - my home town (Lincoln) and that of my son (Newark)! You've just made my day, thanks Bruggen_130!

Member for

24 years 5 months

Rush of nostalgia there - my home town (Lincoln) and that of my son (Newark)! You've just made my day, thanks Bruggen_130!

just for you papa lima , to complete the trip down memory lane.

Member for

20 years 3 months

Thanks, Hatton, since I won't make it to the UK this year for Christmas with my children and grandchildren, I really appreciate these pix. The Newark museum is within cycling distance of my son's home (I bike there, he takes the car!).

Member for

24 years 5 months

I see myself as an adopted yellow belly. I'll be finished here next year though :( Will miss that view out of the window.

I passed newark in the car the other day, the place seems to have changed. Certainly one of the UKs finest 'small' museums.

Member for

20 years 4 months

Thanks.
A few more pics :)
phil

Member for

20 years 5 months

Looks like they have been very busy repainting the aircraft they have now got inside the new hangar at last. I was there last year and they didn't look THIS good! Well done Newark!

Member for

19 years 6 months

what's the wingless silver thing behind the camo Mig 27? looks like an Avro Ashton or something?

Member for

20 years 5 months

what's the wingless silver thing behind the camo Mig 27? looks like an Avro Ashton or something?

It IS the sole surviving Avro Ashton fuselage, WB491, arrived February last year from Woodford.

Member for

19 years 6 months

thanks albert. i found some pics of it - not much left really, which is a shame. i'm a bit of a sucker for late 40s early 50s transports...

Member for

20 years 1 month

Very nice - and I think I see a solution to my pipedream "aviation museums and pubs tour of GB". Are all aviation museums handily adjacent to Cathedrals? Ms Gnome likes looking at them. :rolleyes:

Member for

20 years 9 months

Are all aviation museums handily adjacent to Cathedrals?

Quite a few! If you include Minsters and the like.