Spitfire PM627 in Canada

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 9 months

Anyone have any pics in their archive? Either at CWH or at the Toronto Waterfront?

Thanks,

Jim

Original post

Member for

20 years

Jim,

I got these from the forum some time ago, but I can´t find the thread via the search tool :( . So I hope the unknown owner of the copyright will forgive me posting them again ...
Toronto, June 1972

Member for

24 years 5 months

"Right click save as"

Jim,

I got these from the forum some time ago, but I can´t find the thread via the search tool :( . So I hope the unknown owner of the copyright will forgive me posting them again ...
Toronto, July 1972

Right pic, wrong date.

Actually taken on 7th June 1972.

Thanks for posting. ;)

Mark :)

Member for

20 years

Your post: 23:01
My edit: 23:00

:p

Member for

20 years 3 months

Spitfire PM627 Photos

Thanks for posting, again!! :)

I think she is the 1st Spit I ever saw in the flesh at 12-13 years old, am I am still hooked. I saw her some years later in outside storage (wings off) lanquishing at the Ontario Science Museum, she was never displayed in her glory there !

Then I stumbed across her in Hamilton, Ontario Canada (late 1970's in CWH hangers) she was stripped of paint while under ownership of the Canadian Fighter Pilots Assoc. Some years later I heard she was involved in a complicated trade and is now proudly displayed in Sweden in the Lycoping (Sp? sorry) Air Museum.

Keith

Member for

20 years 3 months

PM627 at Linköping

Spitfire PR XIX in Swedish S31 colours at the Flygvapen Museum, Linköping, central Sweden.