Signing session at The Shoreham Aircraft Museum, in aid of the London B of B memorial

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

21 years 1 month

We will be holding a signing session at our museum in aid of the London Battle of Britain Memorial on Sunday 15th August

The plan is to have six Battle of Britain veterans sigining books, prints etc, for which there will be a £10 per item fee, with ALL the money raised going to the London BoB Memorial. Also present will be the London BoB memorial maquette.

We're pleased to say that Bob Doe, Mike Croskell, Tony Iveson and Nigel Rose have already confirmed they will be among the six veterans at the signing. There will be two signing sessions, 11am to 12.30pm & 2pm to 3.30pm.

I will post further details of the veterans attending as soon as I have the information.

For more info about the London BoB Memorial go to http://www.bbm.org.uk/

Geoff.

(If this post counts as 'blatant advertising, then hopefully a blind eye will be turned on it )

Original post

Member for

21 years 1 month

Above details updated

Member for

21 years 1 month

(Biggin on the) bump

Member for

21 years 1 month

Another Battle of Britain veteran confirmed for the 15th

The museum are pleased to announce that Nigel Rose, who served with No 602 Sqn during the battle, and who also appeared in 'Spitfire Ace' has confirmed he will be one of the pilots 'signing' at the museum on the 15th August.

Further names will be announced as they are confirmed.

Geoff.

Member for

20 years 3 months

Member for

20 years 3 months

Hi Hope it goes well for you, But it seems people just dont care anymore, I'm trying to help The Battle of Britain Wings Appeal, I've contacted over 74 football clubs asking for memorabilia, with not much luck most of them are not interested it makes me feel sick to be British.
So GOOD LUCK........
Rob Rooker www.152hyderabad.co.uk

Member for

21 years 1 month

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your good wishes.

I can't wait to meet Bob, and hopefully the same will go for a lot of other people.

Geoff.

Member for

21 years 1 month

Anyone from the forum thinking of attending??

Geoff

Member for

24 years 8 months

Hi Geoff. Yes, I'm hoping to attend; my son and I are down in Devon that week, travelling home on the Sunday, so as long as we're away from there in time we should be able to make it. I'd dearly like to get my copy of Spitfire Ace signed by Bob Doe, the interviews I've seen him give have made quite an impression on me.

Member for

21 years 1 month

I'll look forward to seeing you. Are you hoping for the am or pm session?

Member for

24 years 8 months

Probably pm; we're coming from the Plymouth area, and by the time I've got Haydn and his kit all loaded up we'll be unlikely to make the morning.

Member for

24 years 8 months

Hi Hope it goes well for you, But it seems people just dont care anymore, I'm trying to help The Battle of Britain Wings Appeal, I've contacted over 74 football clubs asking for memorabilia, with not much luck most of them are not interested it makes me feel sick to be British.
So GOOD LUCK........
Rob Rooker www.152hyderabad.co.uk

Rob did you get my PM re Man Utd ????

Lets face it the majority of English Football clubs don't have many home grown players in their squads anyhow !!!!

Member for

21 years 1 month

blimp

Member for

21 years 1 month

Another veteran confirmed for the 15th

We can confirm that Mike Croskell has confirmed he will be attending on the 15th. See the first post in this thread for the full list (so far!!) of those veterans attending.

Geoff.

Member for

21 years 1 month

Yet another veteran to attend our signing event

An interesting addition to the veterans attending the museum on the 15th August is Tony Iveson. Tony flew with Nos 616 & 92 Sqns during the BoB, but did his second tour on Bombers, serving with No 617 Sqn in 1944, during which he took part in three sorties against the 'TIRPITZ', including the the one which resulted in her sinking.

Geoff.

Member for

24 years 8 months

Haydn'll love that, meeting a Lancaster pilot. :D (It's also another excuse to give this a soft bump... ;) )

Member for

21 years 1 month

No one else from the forum coming, apart from Steve & Haydn? :(

Member for

21 years 1 month

blimp