Col Bob Morgan passes away in North Carolina!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 5 months

I am sad to report that the former commander of "The Memphis Bell" has passed away here today in his beloved state of North Carolina. Col Robert K Morgan as many of you know was the pilot of the 91st BG B-17 Memphis Bell and well know to many here in the USA & UK. I had the pleasure of meeting and talking to Col Morgan many times and in my role as a television news photojournalist ,filmed many stories with him over the years. Here at WSPA-TV we had the pleasure of flying with Col Morgan in a B-17 as he took the controls for the first time in many years. Always a true gentleman, who took time to sign anything for you,pose for a photograph or greet you and speak with you. I know had strong feeling for the people of The United Kingdom and those who he meet over the years since the war. I just saw this pop up here in the newsroom at NewsChannel 7 and wanted to pass this along to this fine group of aviation historians. If I was in the UK today, I know I would drive by
Bassenbourn and place some flowers at the gate in his honor, a fine man and he will be missed by all his friends. I am sure he is on to a better place along side his fellow 91st men who have gone on before him ! It was an honor to know him!

Original post