International Bomber Command Centre

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 3 months

I was just researching a bomber command crew and Google presented me with this website.

At the moment it's inaccessible, apart from the landing page.

It says it's some sort of JV ("in partnership") with Lincoln University.

Anyone know what this is?

cheers Don

Original post

Member for

18 years 7 months

A very worthy project in Lincolnshire that is progressing steadily towards opening next year; try this link to the current active website http://internationalbcc.co.uk/

Member for

11 years 9 months

Thanks for posting the link TwinOtter. I visited the memorial site near Lincoln in July and met some of the volunteers. Having clicked on your link, I then searched for the name of Foulsham (my wife's uncle) and was surprised and delighted to see that attached to the information about him was the photograph of his crew available from the photo-gallery on the "Wreckage of Lancaster ED908 (60-Z)" thread on this forum. I'm not sure how the IBCC found it, but I will contact them to find out more. There will be more information I could provide if they wish to include this in their database.

As you say, an extremely worthy project, and one I intend to visit again when the centre is open to the public next year.

Member for

18 years 7 months

My pleasure! :)

The IBCC and Lincoln University have an active network of volunteers working on the research side; I know that a couple of them are occasional posters about these parts so perhaps they highlighted the thread.

I was privileged to attend the dedication ceremony for the spire nearly two years ago now; the whole site will act as a fitting tribute when it is fully open next year.

Member for

20 years 3 months

Thanks TwinOtter. That looks like a fantastic resource and tribute - very impressive indeed. If/when I'm ever next in the UK I'll see if I can visit. Meanwhile have signed up for their monthly email.

Member for

18 years 7 months

Again it's my pleasure and it will be well worth a visit.

I've attached a couple of photos from the ceremony in October 2015.

Attachments