Radio Equipment help required please

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 2 months

At NAM this afternoon met up with a friend he has asked me to post a request for help on a problem he has with some radio equipment, wondered if anyone can help please, thanks Di.......I wonder if anyone can help me please, I have some aircraft radio equipment which I believe came out of a Strikemaster aircraft.
The equipment consists of the following items:-
UHF Radio RT-1145/ARC-164(V) Installed on a mounting tray and
VHF Radio CA-657R terminating in a 42 way plug
Control Box CA-251/ARC-164(V)

What I am looking for is the interconnection details for the tray mounted equipment and the control box. I assume there would have been two principal cables i.e.30 way for the control box and a 42 way for the tray mounted equipment both terminating in an interconnecting box.
I understand this type of equipment is used in a number of aircraft types including the Hawk T1
Any help would be much appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]239422[/ATTACH]

Attachments
Original post

Member for

18 years 7 months

I've only just spotted this jr; you ought to have mentioned it on Saturday and I could have asked the curator if he has the relevant APs in the NAM Archive. I'll make him aware of the thread / enquiry.

Member for

16 years 2 months

Didn't know about it in the morning : ) Thank you!

Member for

18 years 7 months

Hi jr,

Sorry for the mix up over the timing of your receiving the request, I must read your posts more carefully.

The curator has found you a set of manuals for the radio kit that you mentioned, but from the references numbers etc. it seems to be of US origin; with a typical fit to C130s, F15s, F16s & A10s. We’re not sure whether it also went into the Strikemaster, but it does contain interconnection diagrams etc.

I’ll send you an email so that you can arrange to collect it. :)

Member for

16 years 2 months

Excellent!! Thank you so much, will email my friend and pass the good news on!!!!