Gatwick Aviation Museum

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

10 years 7 months

Hi all

Can anyone help me ??
Iam trying to track down all the aircraft that the museum have either had or still have.

Can you tell me who they gone to and what is left on site as I take it soon it will be a empty site.......

Original post

Member for

24 years 8 months

I doubt it will be an empty site. They just posted on facebook that they got the planning permission for their new development!

Member for

20 years 5 months

As Bruce says the site wil not be empty, we still have 12 airframes and have just been granted planning permission to replace a building with a new one to house all the aircraft except the Shack, which has permission to be outside.

On site now are:-
Buccaneer S.1. XN923
Sea Vixen XS587
Venon FB51 J1605
Meteor T7 VZ638
Sea Prince T1 WP308
Harrier GR3 XV751
Sea Hawk FB6 XE638 ??
Canberra PR7 WH773
Hunter F51 E430 (Composite)
Shackleton MR3 WR982
Hunter T7 XL591
Lightning ZF579

Airframes disposed of last year:-
Shackleton MR3 WR974 - Bruntingthorpe
Sea Prince T1 WF118 - St Athan
Pembroke XK588 - St Athan
Gannet AEW3 XS472 St Athan
JP3A XN494 - Brunty
Jaguar XX734 - Boscombe Dowm Museum
Piston Provost XW442
Whirlwind HAR10 x 2 XP398 XP351
Wasp XS463 (XT413)ut

We also had an Ercoupe 415D (G-EGHB) for many years but that was sold to Italy about 4 years ago and is now flying again after a fantastic restoration.

We did at one time has a wreck of a Gazelle, but that left many years ago. I seem to remember it going to the Shoreham area.

That I believe is the lot!

Just to reiterate, we are not out of business, very far from it and expect to re-open next year with a new museum and a series of events to celebrate the new era for the museum. Keep an eye on the web site for updates.

Gatwick Aviation Museum

Member for

10 years

As Bruce says the site wil not be empty, we still have 12 airframes and have just been granted planning permission to replace a building with a new one to house all the aircraft except the Shack, which has permission to be outside.

It is a shame that you didn't have 'permission' to house the Shack as well.

Member for

10 years 7 months

Peter thankyou ever so much its years since I have been to your site and just wanted to know what you had.

Would it be ok to take some photos of the building you will demolish before it goes and post them on here or email me ??

Profile picture for user paul1867

Member for

11 years 9 months

Many congratulations with the planning permission you have been struggling to obtain for so long. Clearly this must be a great step forward and I wish you ever success in the future.
You were on my list of places to visit but sadly I did not achieve this before the other shack went.

Member for

19 years 5 months

I'd like to add my congratulations too. Perseverance has paid off in the battle for Planning Permission - well done.

Roger Smith.

Member for

11 years 11 months

We have the percival provost WW442 at the East Midlands Aeropark ;)

Member for

8 years 7 months

[ATTACH=CONFIG]245149[/ATTACH]

XN 494 now residing at Cornwall College as a ground training aircraft for Aero engineering students.

Attachments