Spitfire Mk IX instrument panel

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

10 years 2 months

Good evening,

Has anyone got a drawing of a Mk IX instrument panel that they would be willing to share with me please?

Also, is anyone able to accurately confirm when the later oxygen regulator was fitted to the panel as standard?

Cheers from Aircraft

P.S if anyone has, or knows a good source for replica flap lever and undercarriage indicator please get in touch!

Original post

Member for

10 years 2 months

Anyone? Please!

Member for

18 years 8 months

Neither drgs are mk IX, but both are dated 1942, and incorporate the later style of oxygen gauge.

Attachments

Member for

19 years 8 months

The best replica flap tap/mounting is £25 and from Downland Aviation. I do replica fuel switches, gauges and a basic UC Indicator (amongst other non radioactive stuff!!)

Member for

10 years 2 months

QldSpitty, thanks for the links. The drawings on that forum post are very helpful.

Stuart, those drawings are really interesting - I had no idea the later gauge was fitted in 1942. Obviously the drawing on the right is a PRU spit, anyone know what the other is?

Tony, I have sent you an email.

Thanks all.

Member for

18 years 8 months

The first drg is type 337, which was the mk IV ; it's amazing that drgs survive for a such a rare mk, and also how much they changed, to then not continue with production.

Member for

10 years 2 months

Ah, that's what it is. No wonder I couldn't recognise it! What is in the place of the usual flap lever?

I appreciate all the help guys.

Now, does anyone have any surplus non luminous instruments that they are prepared to part with please?