Museum Curator Parachute Jump

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 4 months

Hi, For some strange reason (possibly because I turn 40 this year) I have decided to so a solo Parachute Jump in aid of the Bomber Command Memorial. The jump will take place on the 6th June at Headcorn Airfield subject to weather. If the weather is ok it will of course be the 70th Anniversary of D-Day. Maybe I have hit a mid life crisis who knows.

If anyone would like to sponsor me and help me raise £850 for the Bomber Command Memorial please follow the link below, your support is very much appreciated.

http://www.justgiving.com/wingsmuseumjump

Cheers and thanks for your support (starting to get a bit nervous now)

Dan (Wings Museum)

Original post

Member for

19 years 6 months

brave guy! I did mine out of a Herk into a bay about 15 years ago!!

Member for

16 years 4 months

Thanks Tony, at least I won't have to worry about any Germans! I now have 80% of my target, thanks to everyone who has donated. The weather tomorrow is looking good so I think tomorrow will be my own personal D-Day. The thoughts of those men who jumped 70 years ago will be on my mind and will certainly keep my nerves in check! By lunch time I should be tucking into a big breakfast!

Member for

19 years 4 months

Rather you than me Dan...
Best wishes for the jump : )

rgds baz

Member for

16 years 4 months

Thanks Baz, I have heard that quite a bit just lately! the sponsorship is going well, so no backing down now, it's going to happen, just let gravity do the work.

Here's the justgiving link if anyone is feeling flush.

http://www.justgiving.com/wingsmuseumjump

Member for

16 years 4 months

Mission accomplished! jump done, £850 raised for the Bomber Command Memorial. So what can I say about the experience? WOW! plus some graphic swear words would some it up. If you have ever considered it, do it, very very scary but very rewarding, it certainly challenges yourself.

The weather was perfect of Friday, I feel very honoured to have jumped on the 70th Anniversary of D-Day I was indeed very lucky with the weather. As we trundled down the runway my thoughts were with those young men of 70 years ago, by the time my jump was over the men of 70 years ago would still be fighting in the streets and towns, many would already be dead, we must never forget!

Attachments

Member for

19 years 6 months

well done Dan!

Member for

13 years 7 months

Great cause great experience well done Dan,will catch up with you soon.

(Will also pledge some cash.)