Dambuster Lancaster model photos

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 9 months

Here's some close up photos of one of the "ten" model Lancasters produced for the new Dambusters film-

http://dambustersblog.com/category/peter-jackson/?blogsub=confirming#subscribe-blog

Original post

Member for

20 years 11 months

Looks quite good, although the nose turret doesn't seem right to me...:confused:

Member for

14 years 9 months

Looks like the turret is faired to the nose so can't turn. Probably explains why it looks wrong. I guess it won't matter as these will be used for distant shots. What will they use for close ups. Are they planning on using a real lancaster?

Member for

14 years 3 months

Looks pretty good to me. I wonder what will happen to them when filming is finished ?.
That's as long as they don't get blown up.

I'm sure there's one or two museum who would like one. I assume that they
will all be painted up with dual identities ?

Member for

16 years 1 month

Problem is they are in New Zealand, would hate to think how much shipping will be so I'd doubt any museum over here will benefit.

Member for

13 years 2 months

+1

I think that a few New Zeland and Australian organisations will gain a replica, but I doubt any will make it over here.

Although, if they left them all together, they could create one hell of a 'wartime bomber museum', I'd be on the next flight out! :D

Member for

18 years 5 months

Problem is they are in New Zealand, would hate to think how much shipping will be so I'd doubt any museum over here will benefit.

My understanding is that a lot of interest has already been recorded in that particular direction! ;)

Member for

14 years 3 months

What are the models made from ?

I imagine the engines have electric motors to turn the props ?

Member for

18 years 4 months

It would be nice to see one housed in the museum at RAF Scampton when they're finished with!

Member for

24 years 6 months

The nose turret looks a bit off and the canopy windshield looks "out" as well but at the end of the day it is what it is..

Member for

13 years 2 months

Yup :)

They may not be perfect, but they're much better than a CGI replacement IMO.

Member for

13 years

Stop Nit picking ...or I'll make you watch " Red Tails " all over again !!

Member for

12 years 6 months

Looks like the turret is faired to the nose so can't turn. Probably explains why it looks wrong. I guess it won't matter as these will be used for distant shots. What will they use for close ups. Are they planning on using a real lancaster?

There is/will be one for close-ups - not sure if it will be one of the Chinese-made fibreglass ones that they've done more work on, or a different partial rig, or some other arrangement. They borrowed Kermit Weeks' turret to assist in designing it. They of course have had several long looks at MOTAT's example.

Member for

11 years 8 months

I wonder what they will call Gibson's dog ?

Member for

19 years 8 months

Scooter.

Or perhaps in honor of the Chinese makers of the Lancasters, Lunch.

Member for

19 years 9 months

Stop Nit picking ...or I'll make you watch " Red Tails " all over again !!

.... and if that does not stop them, Pearl Harbour ! :D

I think they look great. I hope we get one/some over here. They look the part and wont rust. I would like to see one at Elvington and that Newark place we here about on here now and again :rolleyes::)

Now please get this Hobbit rubbish out of the way and make the film :)

Member for

18 years 5 months

.... that Newark place we here about on here now and again :rolleyes::)

:diablo: Do you mean this Newark or another one? :D

As for model Lancasters I couldn't possibly comment any further! :)

Member for

19 years 9 months

Hi TO, are involved with at Newark Air Museum ;):)
Hope you get one, it would fit nicely in that Nimrod shaped space at the museum :p

Member for

14 years 6 months

I'm surprised nobody has commented on the half-finished Wellington in the first shot... :rolleyes:

Member for

19 years 9 months

It was discussed quite a lot last time this link was posted :)

Member for

17 years 8 months

Slightly enlarged turret could be for filming purposes so you can see the crew.