Korean War Mig Alley "movie" idea moving forward in Oz

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 10 months

Today i had 3 people come over to try on my heritage flightgear from Korean War era. They have some time reading up and getting a background feel for their trailer movie idea and hopefully in future a full length movie.

Both the actors tried on assorted bits of my flightgear collection such as K-1 and K-2A flight suits, backpack parachute, B-5 and a P-1A flight helmet with MS22001 oxygen mask.

Both were amazed at how heavy the flightgear was. We aim to use a Australian F-86 Sabre jet as a backdrop if filming goes ahead pending discussions and funding being found for the movie idea.

Here my photos on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3460735276750.2125896.1221968213&type=3&l=350b1cbc56

Phil

Original post

Member for

19 years 2 months

Don't forget to photoshop the single 30mm Aden cannon in each side to 3 x .50 browning MGs.

Member for

14 years 10 months

That is correct i pointed that out in the discussions. The CG and special effects people will need to overhaul any RAAF CAC Mk 30/32 Sabre a fair bit to give it a USAF F-86E/F look for any such movie.

At least the movie project is started - well has been for a few years underway in a planning stage - and the actors got a feel for what their role may wear. We have discussed a short trailer which will try and reflect the Korean war "scramble" mission and develop it from there if further funding comes into a full movie with action and reflect the true horror of war.

The RAAF 77Sqn which was co-located with tenant USAF units in Korea, may even appear with their Meteors in the movie (or the RAAF view of the war in Korea could end up being a separate movie someone is wishing to film i have heard).