Ex IAF Cessna U.206

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 1 month

Hi all.
Most of the IAF fleet of the Cessna 206 was sold between 1995-1997 to South Africa.Some are still registered there,Others were sold.
Researching the history of these planes,I need to know the current owners of the following aircraft:

U.206C C/N 1192 V5-LJB
U.206C C/N 1195 V5-PRO
U.206D C/N 1300 V5-AGR
U.206D C/N 1314 V5-NSG
U.206D C/N 1432 A2-THB
U.206D C/N 1443 9U-...
U.206G C/N 6845 A2-AJI

Thank you

Avi

Original post

Member for

13 years 6 months

howzit

here is the info as i know it on the above a/c's

V5-PRO was owned by the ministry of environment and tourism, the ac was involved in a accident late last year and is currently undergoing repairs

V5-AGR has been registered as V5-NAU and flew for Nau-nau lodge, it now is flown as a skydive ship in swakopmund

V5-LJB has just changed hands after been owned by the head of veterinary services

hope this all helps

blue skies

Just to clarify bushbutcher. V5 is Namibia, not South Africa. I might be mistaken, but A2 is Botswana. Try googling the individual tail numbers. I'm not sure whether the Namibia DCA or the Botswana DCA have their aircraft registers online.

Member for

16 years 6 months

Did not know the Indian Air Force operated Cessna 206s. You lives and you learns...

Planemike

Member for

24 years 6 months

Thought it was the Israeli Air Force or IDFAF or whatever they are called.

Regards,

kev35

Oh, so it's not the Irish Air Force then? :dev2:

Member for

16 years 6 months

I thought it was Indian Air Force............??

Planemike

Member for

13 years 6 months

Not the Iraqi's or the Iranian's then? Or even the Ivory Coast? :P

Member for

13 years 6 months

yup
V5 in Namibia, A2 in Bots and then ZS,ZT,ZU are South African.
don't think our GRN got round to putting the register on line yet.
there are a couple of good pic's of the c206s listed above if you google the registrations

Go to http://www.caa.co.za/ (did they steal that URL from the UK CAA?) There might be something there. The connection is too slow where I am so I can't surf the site right now.

Member for

24 years 6 months

I'm confused. Were they Indian Air Force?

A simple answer please to a simple question, for I am but a man of simple thought and meagre intelligence.

Ah, I see. The Indian Air Force and the Israeli Air Force operated them. I only found a link to the IDF operation of the type.

Isn't it amazing how it all becomes clear when you stop bumbling about in the dark and the penny drops.... Did you hear it down there in South Africa?

Regards,

kev35

Kev, alas I haven't a clue to which IAF avinoam549 is referring. But he doesn't seem to have come back to the thread to check if anyone answered his question, otherwise he could enlighten all of us awaiting the clarification in great anticipation.