creating static aircraft from aircraft in your list

Read the forum code of contact

Profile picture for user Peter

Member for

24 years 8 months

Firstly, let me say that I do not know too much about creating scenery etc but I would like to creat static scenery using the aircraft in my select aircraft list. SO to make a sort of airshow statick park if you will. does anyone know how to do this??

Original post

Member for

21 years 3 months

Peter, you need a program called 'mdl2bgl' (freeware) it can be found at www.flightsim.com or here: http://www.rickdavis.co.uk/fs/utility/4.htm
What are you using to design the scenery? FSSC (Flight Simulator Scenery Creator, by Derek Leung) is definately worth looking at and usually available from most of the larger sim-sites.
Do I see a field full of Lancasters perhaps?!

Member for

24 years 8 months

Thanks Biggles.
I am new to this so I do not have any creating programs. I was after trying to create static lancaster bombers at an raf base or.. do an airshow static park. I did download some sceenry for an raf base that had static and AI aircraft and it was funny to watch them taking off of the grass!! Never thought Id see a 707 awacs use the grass for takeoff!

Member for

20 years 2 months

http://www.simviation.com/fs2004utilities1.htm for Afcad2.21 and traffic tools.

Afcad aligns the airfields correctly within fs database to prevent aircraft taking off on the grass and such problems in addon sceneries. Traffic tools for setting up ai traffic(never tried adding static with this)

Member for

24 years 8 months

I downloaded the 2 programs that you mentioned biggles but I was totally lost.. never having done anything like this before I feel I was out of my league so I uninstalled them.. Think I will just stick to the reg flightsim and downloads of added scenery and aircraft.....

Member for

21 years 3 months

Hi Peter, I have limited scenery design experience, mainly using FSSC, its really easy to use.
Scenery files within FS have a file extension ****.BGL FSSC produces these from the picture you have in the program window. You do need to set the target file for your new scenery for FS.

MDL2BGL simply takes the *.MDL file (from the aircraft you have within FS or another download) and turns it into a *.BGL file which is then compatible with FS scenery. Use this new BGL file with FSSC to build your new scenery. There is a very comprehensive help section within FSSC, there is(or certainly was) anMSN messenger service for support from the author of the software-
Derek Leung.

You can import maps, photo's or use the supplied textures for the scenery. Build your airfield first, then import the static scenery into that.

Which version of FS are you using?

If you still want to have a go at this then I'd be happy help you test the files.