Ugliest Aircraft?

Read the forum code of contact

RE: Ugliest Aircraft?

The Boeing 767-200 in Continental colours looks foul.

The worst plane is the Boeing 777 because of its nose.

I also hate the Tu-154. :(

Member for

24 years 8 months

Let's bring this discussion back to the top of the forum!

Who cares about the outside what is the best inside where most sensible people tend to do most of there traveling.

Member for

24 years 8 months

Hi, this is my first post on this forum. I usually post of the AFM forum, but I have recently taken an renewed interest in airliners of all types. I think that some of the most beautiful are the following:

1. Boeing 707 (the most graceful lines I have ever seen on a plane)
2. Saab 340 (the fly into the local airport where I live, absolutly gorgeous)
3. DC-9 (this includes all series, but I think the older ones look better, as the new ones have very fat looking engines)
4. DC-3 (I have never gotten to see one, but I have always liked them, and believe it or not they are still in widespread service)

As for aircraft I don't find attractive, I would say the 727 is not quite there for my liking. I also think the earlier 737's are odd-looking due to the very thin engines. I don't hate either aircraft though, as I have flown on the 727, and it was a very nice ride. The newer 737's look nice to me. The Russian Tu-134 with glazed nose is odd, but I wouldn't say ugly. As for the Il-62, I don't think it looks that bad.

yes, but this discussion is not about what's on the inside! it's what is on the outside, not the inside!!!

Member for

24 years 8 months

The best looking aircraft in my opinion has to be the A330-300.
I did a poll on the best looking aircraft type (big jets) on my web site, 747 and 777 were joint winners followed closely by the MD-11.

Member for

24 years 8 months

The best looking airliner in my opinion has to be the DH Comet 4C,especially in the old blue and silver BOAC colours!Ooooooh,now thats somethin!I like the VC10 n'all...
The most 'different' aircraft?Possibly the A330 Beluga transport-but is that really count as an airliner ??

Member for

24 years 8 months

what about the super guppy??

should i say "ugly" or "interesting"??

Member for

24 years 8 months

ugly

Greetings
Geforce