Airline Liveries

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 6 months

Why has bmi stopped repainting their aircraft? I've seen their new colours on some of their A320 and A330 aircraft and they look really nice. The hybird colours on the rest of the fleet look horrible! Is it also true that Air 2000 are about to change their image? I think their colours at the moment are really nice - I also like Monarch's and My Travel's new colours.

Original post

Member for

24 years 6 months

RE: Airline Liveries

I think the majority of the unpainted aircraft are currently the A321's which have been stored at EMA for the whole winter. Due to the fact that they were not sure what was going to happen to them then I think they decided not to paint. These may now be coming back into service hence the reason there may be more flying around now.

The Fokker's are not going to be re-painted I don't think, as there are plans to replace them, I don't think any of the early Embraers have been painted yet either, all of them at EMA are in the old colours.

Air 2000 are getting a new livery that is apparently going to have a heavy First Choice influence, the First Choice flower will be on the tail. There is an aircraft either already painted or due to be painted soon with the colours.

I like all the new colours, the bmi ones are great:
Attachments:
http://www.keypublishing.com/forum/importedfiles/3cc1728e29998edd.jpg

Member for

24 years 6 months

Yeah all 3 F70's are off to KLM Cityhopper, the hybrid is obviously a temp until the a/c are due for a service and hence repaint at the sametime. The EMBS still operate under the BM Commuter banner at NM bar G-RJXJ which comes in regular in the new bmi Regional banner.

Member for

24 years 6 months

I agree the new BD colour scheme is really nice. Didnt like the last one much (ie the Dark Blue Diamond service type) but liked the one before which was a stylized arrow on the tail pail blue with BMA on it.

Does anyone know what BMI actaully stands for ?? is it British Midland International, although I understood they denied that. I have never heard or seen them use that name to confirm it one way or the other. It must mean something ??!!

Member for

24 years 6 months

Yes, I think it is BMI 'Britsh Midland International', i seem to remember reading it somwhere. Further forwarded by the instatement of flights to the USA.

I love the new BMI colours and the fact that they're known as 'BMI', i think its really quite .....nice.!!!

AMM....re-considor!!!!

I've seen a BMI 737 in the new c/s @ EGNM, and there is/are 1 (possibly 2) EMB145s in the Star alliance livery based at EGNM...(confirm this Preston).

Regards

Ben

Member for

24 years 6 months

The two ERJ's in Star alliance are G-RJXI and G-RJXH, they are also regulars at EMA. The newly delivered ERJ's are all in new colours (RJXI onwards) but I haven't seen any of the others yet.

Member for

24 years 6 months

well G-RJXK the 135 is used on the EDI run rotated every so often with XJ, 145 RJXH is also a regular and was based over the winter. The B735 G-BVZH is seen now and again on the LHR run.